Carvinallen, Home Seller in 85923

how do i find what bank owns a property?

Asked by Carvinallen, 85923 Thu Jun 7, 2012

found an abandon property and waht to find out what bank owns it to make an offer

Answers

14
Hunt Holdridge’s answer
Contact me. I'll get you in the paint.

Another way to browse around is on http://www.realtytrac.com

This might open your scope if you looking to invest around. Its not 100% accurate - simply because money never sleeps and ink never drys.

Please remember that this is a very competitive avenue you are taking. I know Buyers who purchase 30 of these per month at the same time. I'm confident that I'm not the only Realtor in thread that knows of the same. If your looking to find a good deal, it doesn't always have to be from an owner in default. In most cases - many of these foreclosed homes have high repair ratios. For example - who has been watering the foundation of the abandon property? If the home has shifted - you might not even have plumbing in the subject property. Your looking at about $500 just to get a hydrostatic test for the plumbing under the slab. There's a series of inspections that will cost you a chunk of change, just to determine if its even worth it to buy. Many of these components are not seen by the naked eye.

Cheers!
Hunt

--
Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
This is a civil law question that only an attorney can answer. There may be circumstances that could improve your chances of recovery of some amount; at least a settlement amount.
My 3 children and I moved into our home about 2 years ago with an agreement with the owner that I would be paying the mortgage payment monthly until the loan was paid off. Once it was paid off she was to sign the deed over to me. I went ahead and moved in without having this in writing due to owner being out of state. I also agreed to be responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the home. I deposited the first months payment along with deposit into her account before i began to move in. Every month she kept coming up with different reasons as to why she had not brought me the contract to sign and I began to worry. After making about 4 deposits (4 months) the gas company showed up with an order to cut gas off due to owner filing bankruptcy and moving to Texas! I contacted the bank that she told me had the loan and was told they could not accept any payments and I would have to wait until they put it back on market to do anything but could not even tell me for sure that they were the bank the loan was with nor whether it was even under foreclosure. I have had to spend a pretty good bit of money on major repairs since I have moved in including replacing 4 ton A/C unit, tearing out floors and walls that were rotting due to water leaks inside walls and septic tank drainfiled is now bad. What do I do to ensure that I have first chance at assuming the loan? I would have never moved if I wasnt purchasing the place for the simple fact that I want to own a home where I can raise my kids and feel stable and secure. When I spoke with the bank they recommended that I take the owner to small claims court but I dont have the time nor the money for that. I really need some direction on what steps to take in a situation like this....please help.
I would start with the county recorders office. They may ask you for the property tax PIN number.
best of luck.
Real estate pros use the county records and that is a good way. I recommend that you hire an aggressive buyer’s agent and a good home inspector.
Flag Thu Mar 26, 2015
You can trace back the ownership history of the home and check out the lastest deed of the owner by download a property report at nextace.com since they are title search services provider. With a small fee, you can do your own title search and examination as well.
Web Reference: http://www.nextace.com
I can help by getting lists directly from the banks REO dept. or if the bank has it listed I can find on MLS and finally a list can be purchased of foreclosure properties being sold st county auction. Let me know how I can help.

John Greer
Realtor/ABR/SFR
United Real Estate Dallas
214-460-8381 Cell/Text
jgreer@unitedrealestatedallas.com
http://www.johngreerhomes.com
What's the address? You can ask a local real estate agent to research it for you. Since banks will list the property with a local agent, you might as well establish a relationship with an agent who can let you know when the property comes on the market. You can also go to the county clerks office and do a title search or see if a title company will provide you the information. Time, Money, Priorities.

Hunt

--
Hunt Holdridge
HUNTAHOME, LLC
Office: (214) 866-0050
Mobile: (214) 457-1639
Email: hunt@huntahome.com
Web: http://www.HUNTAHOME.com
We can try to help you.
Just let us know the address.
Often they are not listed for a reason.
Sometimes it takes the banks 1-2years to work out all the issues before they put them on the market.

There is some potential to go after it before they relist, but that doesn't always work.

Sometimes that may also mean no inspection and no access to the property before purchase.
5530 s 25th place
Cicero, IL 60804
Flag Thu Jan 21, 2016
904 N Oakridge Drive, Farmington, UT
Flag Tue Mar 18, 2014
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Happy to assist you once I receive your specifications and lender approval amounts. Keep in mind Dallas is all time high for home sales and leasing. If you believe can purchase a foreclosur .50 cents on dollar recommend to stop believing the media.

Many times foreclosures have multi sales offers presented .

Contact my office today
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Banks in general do not consider offers made by buyers on unlisted properties. If the property is indeed owned by the bank, through a foreclosure procedure, you would be better off finding the deed trustee and talking with them. That doesn't mean they'll take an offer from you, but they will be in a better position to help you make something happen, if it can indeed be done. More times than not it can't, and the property will then be listed by a brokerage and available to purchase on the open market in the future.
Finding the Bank that owns the property probably will not help:

The Bank will not talk to you, will not deal with you.

If the Bank want to sell the property, they will contact their choice of a Listing Agent, and LIST it.

If they want to wait, they will wait.
But in either case, they will not give you any information.
You might try checking the County Tax Assessor office using the property address to search.
Please let me know if you need help with the transaction. I am experienced with short sales & foreclosures.
Kindest Regards,
Elizabeth
You can go to dallascad.org and search for owner record. Once you have the owner name you can google the bank REO department and contact them.

You can always send a realtor a name and we can look up the property information and send you reports for the area to make sure you are paying and offering the right price.

Dixon
JP and Associates Realtors
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
dixondfw@gmail.com
214-519-9493
You will have to make sure the property is not listed with a Realtor, if not, then check tax records online.

Kenny