Alan Bertaux, Home Seller in 19939

how do I list my townhouse for sale?

Asked by Alan Bertaux, 19939 Fri Jan 9, 2009

Answers

8
Steve Fisher’s answer
I agree with the others for the most part. You need to list at the right price, not the highest. You need a Realtor to do more than put it on an MLS. You need someone you can reach by phone anytime. I would love to talk with you about how to market & sell your home.
Steve Fisher 507-7550
Web Reference: http://www.stevefisher.info
Hi Alan, I agree with the others. Remember it is not just the price a realtor tells you but it is there experience. That is crucial in this market. Because the market was so insane the last several years you need to dig deeper into how long someone has been a realtor. You will need someone that knows how to manage in this current market. I suggest placing weight on realtors with more than 8 years experience. There is a big difference in how business is conducted and homes marketed in a real estate atmosphere of today versus 1-7 or 8 years ago. Let me say this, Alan, I am interested in being considered for the job as your realtor. I would love the opprotunity to meet with you. Good Luck!
Dear Alan,

I agree that you should consult with at least 2 or more Realtors to see how they will go about marketing your property. The most important thing in this market is to have a Competitive Market Analysis, gauging the most recent sales in your neighborhood area which are most similar to yours. While it is true that the seller sets the "asking" price, buyers will ultimately set the "selling" price. Today it is what a member of the buying public is willing to pay for a property. Because financing can be so much harder to get, a property must appraise for the contract price in order for a buyer to procure financing, and the buyer must have great credit and provide full documentation in order to be approved for a loan.

I am in your area, and I would be most delighted to discuss marketing your property.

Linda Quasney, REALTOR, GRI
ResortQuest Real Estate
302-541-8892 Direct
410-977-2519 Cell
lquasney@resortquest.com
Hi Alan

The first thing that I recommend is to get the information that you and any real estate agent will need, such as any remaining mortgage amount, any second equity lines etc. Than I recommend that you contact not just 1 Realtor, but at least 2 or even 3 to set up appointments to come to your home and speak to you not only about your home, but their experience as well as their marketing strategies. They should each do a market analysis on your home, but remember, the sale price is determined by you and not by the agents. Hopefully, they will educate you with all the knowledge you are going to need to make this decision. This will give you a good idea of what it is going to take to get your home sold in todays market. I would be glad to answer any other questions you may have or be one of the 3 Realtors you interview. Let me know how I can help. Carol

Carol Burns, CRS
Certified Residential Specialist
email: carolsells@dol.net
Office: 800-543-3276
Web Reference: http://www.carolburns.com
Hi Alan, I would be happy to talk to you about getting your townhouse on the market to sell. I have several marketing plans to offer each with different fees. Please contact me so we can talk.

Carol Succarotte Daniels
Creative Choice Realty
302-684-5904
302-893-3632
email: carol@creativechoicerealty.com
Alan,

Would you mind providing some additional information?
Hi Alan,

Please give me a call, I am located in Bethany , experienced and very familiar with the local market. Your zip code indicates Dagsboro.
Chris Kavanagh
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
302-829-9068 (direct)
chris@5starbeachhomes.com
Are you intending to do a FSBO or list with an agent?