Question Details

Alton Fricke, Home Seller in Cave Junction, OR

how do I list my property that I have for sale?

Asked by Alton Fricke, Cave Junction, OR Mon Sep 22, 2008

Answers

3
Alton
You will need to contact a Realtor, list your property with them, then they will upload your listing information.

A Realtor survey found that the buyer that first sees the home they purchase sees it with a Realtor, so in order to get maximum exposure you will need to find a Realtor that has broad marketing capabilities.

Another Realtor survey of owners selling their properties without professional representation found that on average the sales price is about 16% LOWER than those listings sold by Realtors. So to get top price for your home, listing with a Realtor is the best way to go.

The same survey found that 85% of owners eventually list with a Realtor, 5% sell to someone they know, and 5% sell to someone they do not know.

If you would like I would be honored to provide you with a Realtor to interview that is a market leader in your area, at no obligation. I suggest interview a couple of Realtors, compare, run the numbers, then you decide how to proceed.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
I should have rephrased my question, how to I list my property for sale on trulia ??
Alton,
Ask your friends and family if they can recommend a good local Realtor. Call two or three of the recommended Realtors and ask them to take a look at your house and give you a listing presentation. You'll be able to glean from the presentations what kind of marketing they'll do and what kind of knowledge they have of the local market. Select the Realtor you consider the best pick and let him/her handle the listing of your home.

Sandy