Question Details

Shorelands B…, Both Buyer and Seller in Kennebunkport, ME

how do I list a home on trulia?

Asked by Shorelands Beach Cottages, Kennebunkport, ME Tue Aug 26, 2008

Answers

7
List it with a flat fee broker and you can get it on here and many other sites. As a FSBO its a worth while cost to get it on the MLS and all the sites like this that won't allow FSBO. Mine ended up everywhere and I even had an inquiry on my house from an individual from England. At the 3 1/2 month mark I got 2 offers on the same day after turning down an offer about a month earlier.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2008
Dear shoreland
I think that if you can sell it yourself you should go for it.

OTOH, it may be that you will not be able to sell without professional representation.
Just so you have the facts:
The NAR did a survey last year:
85% of homeowners who tried to sell on their own eventually listed with a Realtor.
5% sold to someone that they knew
5% sold to someone they did not know
Homes sold by owners without professional representation sold on average 16% less than those sold by Realtors.

So I suggest that you interview three Realtors, run the numbers, when you make the call. If you try it on your own and it doesn't work out, then you've got plan B ready.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 26, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
it would be nice if others were not so quick to cut down homeowners who are trying to do the best for their families and finances.
~~~~~~~~~
I don't think that anybody is trying to "cut down homeowners" here... the question was asked how (from a seller) to post their home here on Trulia...

as rockin' and Jed have pointed out... Trulia only accepts listings from Realtors. We have checked and Postlets will not publish non-realtor listings to Trulia or Zillow.

that's not "cutting anyone down"... that's being helpful and informative, wouldn't you agree?
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Then Trulia might consider being revised to cater to both fsbo and brokers. i just received a reply from Realtor SFO about posting my fsbo on this website. While in between mls listing in this crummy market, we are opting to do a soft sell via fsbo. My mother has been a realtor for 30 years in another part of our state, courteous, very helpful to clients and not self focused even if it is her pay check, that's how you get referals&good return on your conscience. it would be nice if others were not so quick to cut down homeowners who are trying to do the best for their families and finances.
Hey Shorelands,

Jacqueline is wrong. No reason to try it it won't work. Trulia's business model has always been to aggregate listings from brokerages.

Not broker listed ,not displayed on Trulia.
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Shorelands,

Try it and if it doesn't work, let us know.
Post it on postlets.com and it will be uploaded to Trulia.
Web Reference: http://www.jroark.com