Home Selling in Aurora>Question Details

hanson0807, Home Buyer in Aurora, CO

how diificult is it for a realtor to sell a how that has mortgage greater than value due to market?

Asked by hanson0807, Aurora, CO Wed Nov 7, 2012

Answers

8
Hello Hanson0807, I work with REO & Short Sale properties. I have for over 10 years. Work with many major banks and would like to talk with you on your situation. I can't promise you anything and won't till after talking with you and giving some options. Please call me at 303-587-8816 or email me deb2buynsell@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to give you some values on your home and direct you in the best direction for you! DEB GLEASON
Hanson0807,

If you need to sell your home and your home value is less than what you owe, you sound like a good candidate for a 'short sale'. Many banks are willing to work with you to allow you to sell your home 'short' of the amount of the mortgage. I have sold many homes in this situation to buyers and have helped many homeowners sell their home in a 'short sale' to avoid foreclosure. It can take anywhere from a couple of months to many months to close on the home depending on the lender who is the mortgage bank. It takes a lot of patience and a good Realtor who has experience working in this sector of the real estate market. Best of success in moving forward with this. One place to start with getting the answers and info you need is to contact the Colorado Foreclosure Hotline - http://www.coloradoforeclosurehotline.org/ . This is a free service to get you started.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
It is not a problem for the REaltor, the problem lies with the seller, if the homeowner does not have money i.e. the difference to bring to the closing table, then the home will go on the market as a short sale, hopefully after negotiations and accord with the lender.....

The process of a short sale is usually longer, and buyers who want to move in as quickly as possible may not want to consider a short sale, others who have time and are looking for a good deal may
make an offer on a short sale...

The Realtor can only advertise it and market as best as possible, the right buyer still has to come around and the bank has to accept the short sale amount or stipulate what they would accept....

Connect with a Realtor who has short sale experience, so that you get good advice.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Most Realtors would suggest a short sale in that situation unless you have a lot of money to bring to close. Good short sale agents have 90%+ success rate of getting folks out of their home without them paying a dime.
Hanson,
Selling the home is not typically the problem, either the seller having the funds to make up the shortfall or getting the lender on board with accepting a short payoff (short sale) is.
A home has a real value regardless of what is owed. If it's worth $250,000 it doesn't matter if you owe $300,000 or $150,000 if you price it around $250,000. It won't sell for more because you owe more and even if a buyer was willing to pay more, their lender would limit any loan to what the appraiser says it's worth.
If you have the funds to make up any shortfall, hire the best agent to market and sell your home. If you don't hire an agent with a track record of closing short sales and prepare for a longer adventure.
Best of luck however you proceed.
Hi there!

What you are talking about is a short sale and is done quite a bit in today's market. Many of agents have been through an extensive short sale training and would love to help you out of your situation. A successful short sale depends on several things: cooperation from the seller, cooperation from the bank (lien holder), Realtor's persistence, experience and negotiating skills. My partner and I have recently had several successful short sale listings and we would love to be of help to you!

Call or email me if you would like more information. Or you can read up on the short sale process on my website http://www.marinajensen.com/Denver-Short-Sales_Short-Sale-Re…

Marina Jensen
Cherry Creek Properties
303 908 9117
Web Reference: http://www.MarinaJensen.com
It happens all the time these days, and I've negotiated many of these exact situations over the past 4 years. As a matter of fact, there are programs that allow the homeowner to walk away with cash after it's all said and done!

Check this out for more detailed information:

http://bloghomedenver.com/denver-short-sales-information/

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss specifics!
Web Reference: http://BlogHomeDenver.com
I am happy to do a free market analysis on your home to help determine market value. The market has been appreciating quite a bit lately and you may not be upside down. If the home is worth less than what is owed, a short sale may be a good option for you. We have experience in short sales and working with the bank to release the deed without getting the full mortgage paid back.

Call us and we can see what the best option for you is
Thanks!
The Wisdom Real Estate Team
720-252-3854
wisdomrealestate@mac.com