Barry, Home Seller in 19713

how can l list a property for sale by owner?

Asked by Barry, 19713 Mon Apr 16, 2012

Hello Barry,
Since you can't list your home on Trulia as a for sale by owner, you may want to consider using a Realtor. This market can be very challenging to sell a home and there are many factors to consider. We are experts, it may be worth contacting a professional to get an opinion. You may be pleasantly surprised at what we can do to maximize your return on investment. I have helped many for sale by owners get their homes SOLD and in retrospect, they were all very happy and wished they had started with a Realtor to begin with. I would be happy to give you a free consultation and give you a market analysis if that interests you, 302-383-5412 or kat@wilmingtonhomes360.com
Hi Barry,

I'm a community manager here in Trulia Voices, and so can speak on Trulia's behalf.

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer ability for homeowners to list their own homes on Trulia (aka FSBO or For Sale By Owner). In order to get your home on Trulia, you will have to work with a real estate professional.

We've built a tool that helps you find the best realtor for you, and I'd recommend using it to get exactly what you want out of selling your home. Check out the links below on what realtors can do that individual home sellers can't, and recommended realtors in your area.

Inside Real Estate Blog - What A Realtor Can Do, That You Cant: http://bit.ly/I6UIJi
Find A Pro Tool - 19713 Real Estate Agents: http://bit.ly/HLc50k

Let me know if I can be of any more help, and good luck!

Community Manager, Trulia Voices
Thousands of closed real estate deals over decades and I can count on one hand the number of purchases that did not have at least one Realtor involved. My closing attorney told me they account for about 1% of her volume, way more than my percentage. However, she also told me that out of that total number 98% of those were between relatives. I thought that was very interesting. I have never heard anyone before break down a profile on a FSBO.

I am not a Realtor so not trying to get you to list with me, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time

You cannot. Trulia will not allow it! If you decide to use a realtor, please contact me!

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award Recipient
CARTUS & SIRVA Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
Hi Barry

You can't list your home as a "for sale by owner" here on trulia, only agent listed homes are posted here via their MLS.......but you can pay to list it on Zillow.com

You can also try "ForSaleByOwner.com"

Another option is to look for a flat fee company in which you would pay a set fee - maybe a few hundred dollars - to place it on the MLS.....you would then represent yourself, but would be expected to offer a fee/percentage to any buyer's agent who brings in a client.

Best wishes!
Hi there,
Ufortunately you cant put it in the MLS (multi listing system) as that reserved for realtors only.

The best way for for you to sell it would be on Craigslist. If you dont get any luck with that give me a call at (302) 528-0222 and I'll insure athat you get top dollar for the home. Check out my website http://www.leesellshouses.com/sell/ .
We are real estate agents and you can hire one of us to give professional support... Most people who try to do for sale by owner are trying realize a bigger gain on the sale of their property...
Minus our small commission and if your property is listed at "correct" market price you will be better served by hiring a real estate agent to represent your interest.
Call me,
Kai 302-588-7890
Let us talk about your situation and you be well informed once you get off the phone with me.