Justinlv, Home Buyer in Long Beach, CA

how can i get my condo appraised?

Asked by Justinlv, Long Beach, CA Thu Nov 4, 2010

Answers

5
A Realtor can assist you with a ballpark figure on what homes are selling for. Corelogic also has a great iPhone application for values and is right plus or minus 2 % - 9 times out of 10 (I check it against the BPOs I do!) HOWEVER it is hard to get a value for a condo on that application.

If you need an appraisal for any other purposes - lis pendens, probate, refinance, etc - let me know and I can send you a qualified referral to a really good appraiser.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 6, 2010
I saw your other question in which you asked how to refinance your Las Vegas condo to get the payments down since you are now living and working in Los Angeles. If that is why you are inquiring about an appraisal, don’t hire a fee appraiser. A local Los Vegas agent, probably over the phone, can give you the bad news that your condo is not worth what is owed against it. In other words, I suspect that you are underwater on it like so many homeowners these days. Spending the $400-$500 for a fee appraisal would only be rubbing salt in your wounds if I am right in my guess. An experienced Vegas agent can give you an estimate of current value for you condo and suggest possible action steps for you to take including the possibility of a short sale.
Hello Justin.....
Very simple....you may pay for an appraisal or you may contact a Realtor.
Someone must have an appraisal completed when it is required by a lender to finance a buyer.
A funny thing too....we [Appraisers and Realtors] pull up the same sold comps to help give a good idea of value.
The choice is yours.....

Should you or your friends/family have any Las Vegas real estate needs or questions, please feel free to contact me at anytime....
Thanks and have a great day!

Julia St. Marie, ABR, RRG, RSPS
Realty ONE Group
Certified REO Specialist
Direct: 702-355-H-O-M-E (4663)
Office: 702-898-0101
Email: LVRealEstateLady1@yahoo.com
Web: http://www.LVRealEstatelady.com
Blog: http://activerain.com/lvrealestatelady
Video Newsletter: http://realtytimes.com/REUv/LVrealEstateLady
Steve said it well. Pay an appraiser for an appraisal or contact a Realtor if you need a free market analysis/price opinion.

Feel free to contact me for a free market analysis or I can put you in touch with an appraiser.

Damon Botticelli
Realty One Group
(702) 523-7713
Hello Justin,

If you need an appraisal performed by a "Fee Appraiser" typically at a cost of $400 to $500, you can simply Google "appraisers Las Vegas" and a big list will come up. If you want a "competitive market analysis" done which is free and is performed by a Real Estate agent, like me for instance, you can give me your address, and I will be more than happy to give you an opinion of value. We both use the same comparables when determining value. If I can help, please feel free to email me the address, or post it here.

Good Luck, and thanks for reading.