Jeffery, Home Seller in 926498

how can i get a list of properties sold in huntington beach California in 2008 including listing agent?

Asked by Jeffery, 926498 Sun Oct 19, 2008

i am selling my house and want to see who is the highest performing agent in my area. I can't seem to fin d a listing and the real estate agents I am talking to about representing my house are not giving me a complete report ... so I want to get a listing on my own, an unbiased report of who has sold what in 2008

Answers

11
Jeffrey, I'm happy to help you with that. Let me know where to send it to. Also, beware that most of the top agents on the list will be REO/Foreclosure listing agents, who are not a good choice to list with in this market.

Jeremy Lehman
Century 21 Beachside
jeremy@lehmanhomes.net
Web Reference: http://www.lehmanhomes.net
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 19, 2008
Jeffery,
I'd be happy to get that for you, but I'd like to know more about what your reason would be for wanting this list. You said you're looking for the highest performing agent. Does this mean the highest number of sold transactions or the largest sales volumn? I look forward to talking with you more about what you're looking for.

Mary Morris, Realtor
California Real Estate Services
(949)202-6306
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 19, 2008
Jeffery ... Please remember to hire a qualified Realtor agent for the listing and sale of your home. All Realtors are members of the National Association of Realtors and subscribe the the Realtor Code of Ethics, which is important. Thanks and best wishes.

Harrison K. Long, Explore Group properties, Coldwell Banker Previews, Irvine, CA.

For the best seller side home price search web site check out
Hi there Jeffrey. Most sellers would want to interview at least three brokers to see what each one offers with regards to marketing. Keep in mind the Broker and how succesful they are in the local area. Orange county for example. You would want to focus you attention in the broker and who can bring you the most buyers. Many brokers focus on sellers and getting listings. If you are looking to sell you would need as many buyers as possible so you would need to look really closely at the buyer delivery system of each broker, How they market and capture buyers is important too.

Working with someone who has you best interests in mind is also a sound strategy.

If you would like to find out more about all the sales in HB in 2008 please drop me an e mail and I will pull them for you.

Kind Regards
Michael Barron
Realtor/MBA
First Team Real Estate
michael-barron@sbcglobal.net
(714) 552-6817
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 19, 2008
Jeffrey,

You might consider the real estate company, brand name, history and reputation too. Local companies are fine but often don't have the marketing reach. All home sales are public record, however there is no listing agent or company attached to that public record. Call or go into an office near your home and talk to the agents or the employing broker. It's more important that you hire someone you are comfortable with, trust, understands your objectives and that you connect with. Good luck!
Jeffery,

Most of it is public information. If you want to take a look at most of what has been reported as sold during the last 280 days, you can take a look at sold properties sorted by price at
http://www.hartanovteam.com/huntington-beach-sold-search.php

If you want a different time frame for number of days, give us a call or send us an email.
Web Reference: http://www.HartanovTeam.com
I like Eric's answer to an extent. There is value in seeing who is selling in your area but I would evaluate why the are selling. Are they marketing well or just grinding on their sellers?

Find someone you like and can place your confidence in. That being said, I'd still find someone that is an expert in HB. They have the best networking resources in your area and I do think there is a value in that.
In my humble opinion and especially in this market we are currently in, it won't make a huge difference on who you hire as much as it will be on the price you choose. You obviously need a local agent but not necessarily from Huntington Beach. What difference does it make if I do or do not know your floor plan as long as I can prove to you that I can market and expose your home to the most amount of buyers possible? There are certain things that must be in place no matter who you hire but trying to determine who has the bulk of sales in your area may end up being unimportant. In your mind, what does "highest performing agent" mean? You might find out that the "highest performing agent" is a discount broker and everyone knows that a discount broker cannot negotiate a decent commission for themselves so how in the world would they be able to negotiate on an offer that gets submitted on your home? You need to interview people to see if you "connect" with them and whether you believe in their practices etc. Any of us would love to interview for the sale of your home. Why not interview everyone of us one at a time to see what you think? That would be the way to go!
Jeffery,

Another thing to consider is they type of agent with which you would prefer to work. I would think you'd be more concerned about finding an agent with whom you could work comfortably than the "number one" agent (whatever criteria you want to use to determine that status). I've found that some of the "top" agents can also be the most grating to work with. There are also agents who churn out numbers but may not be the best agent for you. Best of luck in your search. If I can be of any help, please contact me. One final suggestion: Don't limit yourself to a single agent. Interview several to find the best one for you personally!
Web Reference: http://www.TimKunze.com
Jeffery,

I agree with Jeremy and Linsey that you probably need to narrow the search criteria. For example, I just ran a report & from June 1, 2008 to now, 364 Listing Agents and 446 Buyer Agents have sold properties in Huntington Beach. Many of the "Top Agents" are REO/Foreclosure Agents. Other than those agents, it looks like the very top-tier agents have sold between 5 - 7 homes since June 1.

Best of luck,

Thom
Web Reference: http://www.thomcolby.com
Hi Jeffery,

You may want to narrow your criteria by price point and specific areas within HB. Jeremy has a valid point. Many of the volume listing agents represent bank owned property (selling at less than market values). If you are looking for a true full service listing agent in your area, I would focus on active agents in similar areas, with similar price points.

Visit my blog also for tips on hiring an agent, preparing your home for sale, and selling successfully. Any of us will be happy to provide you with the info you need. I also have a good friend and agent that works in HB if you need a personal referral.

Best of luck to you.

BTW - good to see you here Mary!!