Home Selling in Orlando>Question Details

Janadc, Home Seller in Orlando, FL

how can i get a deed to my property in orlando, fl?

Asked by Janadc, Orlando, FL Thu Nov 11, 2010

Answers

8
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
I NEED A COPY OF PROPERTY DEED ORL FL
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
6 years have passed I made a loan and I still have no deed! whose at fault? I signed a note and never got a deed!
OK if it has been recorded then it will be on the public record of the county where the home is located. If you would like to share the address of the property with me then I can help you further

alan@frontlinefloridarealty.com
When you signed all the paperwork at closing, you may have been given copy of your deed then. The original went to the county clerk for recording and stamp as it got entered into the records. You can call the county 'clerk of courts' with your name and address and request a copy. You may also have recieved a recorded copy, back to you in the mail, within 3 months of your closing.
the bank has lost all closing docs too
Flag Sat Mar 30, 2013
closing agent was not to disperse any money either out of escrow according to the banks instruction,and did so anyway
Flag Sat Mar 30, 2013
the deed was never notarized and this was a third party sale, sellers are deiced now too!
Flag Sat Mar 30, 2013
normally the deed is signed by the seller at closing. The closing agent then sends it to the county court house for recording and the C House will send it back to the closing agent who will send it to you. That is normally how it works. So, if you have no deed then it is worth contacting the company that did the closing for you. If that fails then you will be able to get a certified copy from the court house. Providing it has been recorded !!
What makes you think that it's your property!

The person who sold you the property did so by deed - they signed THE deed turning over their interest in the property to you. That deed (probably) got taken down to the country courthouse, entered into the archives there, and you can obtain copies upon request.

The thing is, you don't need the deed, unless you're going to a card game or something. If you are to sell the property or otherwise transfer title, you do so by creating a new deed, not using the old one.

Hope that helps,
So you would just go close on a piece of property and be happy with the fact that you never actually received the property??? You would take a loan out and not want anything for it? Yeah right. Not a very good answer.
Flag Sat Mar 30, 2013
Janadc:
If you have owned the property for over 3 months the county should have a copy of your deed on records.

If there is some other situation, an attorney or a title company can create a deed (after confirming ownership and that all other required documentation is in place).

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
this was a third party sale, the deed was not recorded properly and no notary seal on it either, the sellers have past away , the bank had specific instruction to not disperse any money and to not close this loan, and the Agent did so anyway.
Flag Sat Mar 30, 2013