Mary Williams, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

how can I list my condo for sale by owner?

Asked by Mary Williams, Chicago, IL Sun Mar 31, 2013

3 BR 2 Ba in gut rehab building, 2008, 1800 sq ft

Answers

11
Meena Gujral’s answer
You can go to Craigslist and owners.com to list for sale by owner homes. You can also list in Zillow.com, but I think there is a charge to list on that site.

You may want to contact Help-U-Sell Real Estate in your area. They can sell your home for a low set fee and you can save thousands of dollars. They are full service realtors and they handle all the marketing, open houses, escrow coordination, inspections, paperwork etc. Go to http://www.helpusell.com and check out the office closest to you by going to the office locator tab.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell Achievers Realty http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9491
You can also list it is a Flat Fee situation that saves you half of the common commission. My web site has some details as to how it works.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
To list a home you should contact a real estate agent in your area.
He or she will help you get the property ready for sale and also help you estimate correct price.
Selling a home for sale by owner is not an easy task and that is why most people end up using a Realtor. Nationally the success rate of a for sale by owner (FSBO) is very low. Over 80% of all FSBO’S end up listing with a Real Estate agent.
make flyers and hand them out, put it on craigs list, run an ad in the newspaper.. it's not a good idea in any way
Sign in front yard
Flyers in Grocery Stores
Ad on Craigslist
Tell your Friends/Neighbors/Workmates/Strangers

Be prepared to field a lot of questions

SHould you need any assistance, feel free to contact me.
Hello Mary,
Is the gut rehab done? What do you think the property is worth? address of the unit?
What are you willing to take for it cash right now?

Now on to the realtor parts
How much time can you devote to selling your house?
Do you know how to find buyers?
Do you want to deal with strangers?
Lawyers?home inspectors?title companies? Newspaper ad dept? Radio sales people? Mortgage Brokers? Others?
You fill out many contracts?
Can you qualify the buyer?

Being a Realtor takes some work. Do you have the time to learn this trade-so you can do this one deal?
It looks easy because we make it look easy. You hire us to take all the fuss out of selling your home.

Al Dobbs
Broker
Add Real Estate
Addrealty@aol.com
224-234-4403
Condo rules usually restrict signs but try a brush ute and put in laundry room or common areas of building and see how successful you are and if you really need help contact a realtor.
Just throw a sign in front of it and see who comes to view it.

If you want to list with an agent, interview a bunch. See who fits your personality and style. 98% of by owners end up listing with an agent.
Mary, why are you asking real estate agents how to list your condo "for sale by owner"? We don't want you to list your condo "for sale by owner"!! If you involve an agent in the sale, we do everything for you: Choosing a price, marketing on the MLS & endless sites too numerous to list here, showings, paperwork, advice & expertise, getting other agents to show the property to their buyers (where most of the buyers come from). I guarantee you will get a better price for your property if you don't handle all this yourself & you will sell it faster. If you change your mind about going through all this yourself, call me at 773-914-5309 or email bbiederman@citypointrealty.com.

Barbara Biederman
City Point Realty
You can try putting a sign out front and putting an ad on Craigslist, but I honestly think you'll find more success if you hire a good agent.