Home Selling in Appleton>Question Details

Susan, Both Buyer and Seller in Green Bay, WI

how can I get good pictures of my house for selling on-line? We are selling ourselves. Thank you.

Asked by Susan, Green Bay, WI Fri Aug 20, 2010

Answers

7
Hi Susan,
That is a great question as many sellers dont take into consideration what others see in the pictures they take. You have only one chance to grab the attention of buyers online and make the best first impression you can, if the pictures are not the best, they wont even look at your home. Here are some tips:

1. When taking a picture of the front of your home be sure to remove all toys and clutter from the picture, trim bushes and take it when the sun is at your back. That way you will not have glare in your picure. Curb appeal is the first impression of your home.

2. When taking picures of the interior of your home be sure to declutter. Remove all personal pictures and items from the area your going to snap. Clean off all the counter tops in the bathroom and kitchen, you want them to see your home, not your belongings and clutter.

3. If it is in your budget its a good idea to have your home staged , an extra pair of eyes is always best. They can move your furniture and decor around to make your home pop.

4. Remove as much as you can off the dressers, end table and coffee tables. Let the buyer invision their things in your home.

5. Invest in a wide angle lense for your digital camera, as you are able to see so much more area in your picture and it also emphasizes the size of your rooms.

Susan I hope those quick tips help. If you would like help with a low cost staging, let me know. I own Frist Impressions Home Staging in Appleton and as a realtor, I offer free staging of my homes, if needed, at no cost, but I also stage homes for sale by owner for a nominal fee.

Best wishes for a quick sale Susan!

Nan
Century 21 First Realty Appleton
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 21, 2010
Perception is a powerful thing. For example, an expensive car in the driveway can lead to higher offers.
http://www.postlets.com is a web site you can use to create a template and upload your pictures to various web sites and search engines
Contact a Digital Photographer who does High definition Photography
and Virtual tours.

Google them for your area.

Perry
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Many people believe that simply having a "nice camera" yields nice photographs. Nothing could be further from the truth. If your agent is serious about marketing your home they will hire a professional photographer to take the photos. As a professional real estate photographer (and a recent home buyer and seller myself) I know how important photographs are. And since 99.9% of real estate agents in the Fox Valley and surrounding areas do not using professional photography for listings, home sellers and buyers get shafted. See my website for the difference professional photography makes.

http://www.focalpointphotowi.com/f919338351
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
You can do 2 things either you can purchase a camera and take them yourself. You will need to up load them on your computer and be able to down load them to the site. You will probable have to reduce the size of the picture it might be to large. You could do this in paint. If you are not sure about how to do this. Sometimes the kids know how to because they were taught in school.
Or you can pay someone to do it for you. They might put the on a CD for you.
Do like I do and hire a professional to come out and take pictures. They have the equipment that I choose not to afford and the photos turn out so much better than anything that I could do myself. By the way that is one of the services that is covered under the cost to sell your home if you list with me in my area. A lot of people do not realise the expense involved in selling a home and how much a Realtor® will have out of pocket on the hope that they can sell your home. By the way if you want to list your home for sale on Trulia you have to be a Realtor® you can not post it here for sale as a do it yourselfer.