ejna27263, Home Seller in Albany, NY

how can I find out what the value of a house would have been in 2001?

Asked by ejna27263, Albany, NY Sun Apr 7, 2013

Answers

4
Run sold comps for the period you are looking for.
Happy to Help!
CapitalDistrictRealtor@gmail.com
Barbara Wagner
Flag Sun Apr 7, 2013
An appraiser can research sales in 2001 that would help establish the appraised value at that tme.
A Realtor can help too. Although a Realtor does not do appraisals unless he/she is licensed as an appraiser. Most people who are trying to determine values from previous years are often doing it for tax reasons, estate or divorce separation reasons. Normally, when there is a legal issue involved it is highly recommended. (by me and others) to choose to have an appraisal because it is believed to have more value if there is ever a tax audit or legal challenge. This is because appraisers are utilizing a more "scientific form" than a Realtor who can choose various forms and whose opinion is easier to challenge as a result of that. This does not mean that the Realtor is any less accurate and, in fact, the person could be more accurate than the appraiser. Choose based on what you think serves your purpose best.
As Gail said, myself or any Realtor in this are could run comparable property sales for that particular home which closed in that year.

Please call, text, or email me anytime if this is something you'd be interested in.

Best of Luck!

Adam VanDervoort
518.810.2324
http://www.mycapitalregionrealtor.com
Ejna,

This is something Realtors often do, especially for legal cases, estates, divorces, etc.

Check with a Realtor in your area.