Robert David…, Home Seller in Myrtle Beach, SC

how are single family homes selling in the myrtle beach area?

Asked by Robert Davidson, Myrtle Beach, SC Fri Nov 28, 2008

when would be the best time to list our home in the north myrtle beach area?

Hi Robert,
Thanks for asking your good question. Interestingly, Already the end of January is showing increases in the market activity compared to last year the same time, As well as there are multiple offers are going on. Of course the trick to selling is 1. Offer a product that is GREAT!! 2. Whether great or not: Price it right! I have been in real estate for 15 years and I know how to help you. I would be happy to go over with you my wonderful marketing plan that REALLY works. I would also like to go over the numbers with you as numbers don't lie. Please feel free to call me so we can discuss the market and conditions further or with any other questions you may have.
Warmest Regards,
Michelle Armstrong, Realtor, GRI
Hi Robert:
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
I've done some research for you to give you the sales history for the North Myrtle Beach corridor. It encompasses Little River, North Myrtle Beach and Longs.

In 2007 there were 719 homes sold in this market area. There were 472 that sold between $100-300,000 with an average sales price of $206,836.

In 2008 there were 446 homes sold in this market area. That's over a 40% drop from one year to the next. There were 302 homes which sold between $100-300,000 with an average price of $191,616. That's about 7% lower than the previous year. Of course, the number of days on the market have increased as well as inventory has increased. Many homes have been on the market between 6-12 months with very little activity.

Of course, we know that the economy is hurtful. Potential buyers need to sell their homes before they buy and they can't. For those who can, they are looking to "steal" something or are hesitant to spend available monies because they fear they may need it if the economy does not improve. Retirement plans are shrinking and there is also a fear of losing one's job.

All that being said, as a realtor, I approach each home individually. If it's in good condition, priced attractively, and marketed aggressively, it should receive attention in the market and will sell. If you are thinking of selling, plan way in advance of activating your future plans. You should also consult an experienced realtor to show you comparative sales activity in your neighborhood and adjacent areas. Of course, having been an active realtor on the north end since 1999, I'd be delighted to help you.

Please feel free to give me a call so I can provide data specifically for your property and talk to you about my specific marketing plan for your home. I look forward to assisting you.

Dee Weiss, ABR, CRS, GRI, SRES
Senior Sales Associate
Licensed in SC & NC
Coldwell Banker Chicora
N. Myrtle Beach, SC
Toll Free: 877-347-1156
I love referrals!