Michaelsharo, Home Owner in Linden, NJ

house was flooded by sandy and i have a few other issues. am i better off filling out a disclosure or signing the waiver?

Asked by Michaelsharo, Linden, NJ Thu Jan 10, 2013

Answers

4
The second most important rule in Real Estate (after location, location, location) is DISCLOSE DISCLOSE DISCLOSE.

As others have said, better off having everything out in the open from the get go.

Just curious, what waiver are you speaking of?
Remax gave me a Sellers Disclosure Waiver. It says " I hearby decline to complete a Sellers Disclosure Statement on the above referenced property at this time.
Flag Sat Jan 12, 2013
I always inform my sellers to disclose EVERYTHING about the property. It sure beats a potential lawsuit later down the line.
Never be discouraged from disclosing anything about your home. Buyers are unique and there may always be that one buyer that will accept a home with faults and all, because they just absolutely love the home.
So just disclose everything up front and im sure you will sleep better at night too!

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in NJ and GA
Weichert Realtors
973.687.7095
As Andrew stated, full disclosure is always your best bet. Just consider how easy it is to bring a lawsuit against someone these days. You better believe if a buyer find problems after closing that they are positive you knew about, you are likely in for some legal action.
Speak with your realtor. But the safest bet is full Disclosure.