Jim Nicholson, Home Seller in 12077

house value

Asked by Jim Nicholson, 12077 Sun Aug 1, 2010

for my house

Answers

6
Maureen D'Aiutolo’s answer
Hi Jim
As others have said, in order to help you determine market value of your home, we would need an address.
Some areas in Frederick seem to have plateaued for the moment. Probably because the short sales and foreclosures are gone...at least for now. You may be in such a neighborhood.
As with everyone else, I am happy to help you determine the current value. Just let me know if you would like our help
Maureen
Jim,

Your post is very "open ended" and could be more easily addressed by the Trulia Pros with accurate information if you could provide more specific information.

Welcome to Trulia and keep trying.....

Jim,

Are you looking for your value for a refinance or to sell your home? Please let me know. I can send you an email of all homes that have sold in your area and homes that are currently listed for sale. I also live in Frederick County. Feel free to email me at tammyd@longandfoster.com or call 240-405-3118.

Tammy Durbin, A-REO, e-PRO, GRI, SFR
Accredited REO Agent & Short Sale Specialist
Long and Foster Real Estate Inc.
Mount Airy Office
cell 240-405-3118
website: tammydurbin.com
Web Reference: http://tammydurbin.com
Good morning, Jim,

The advice from the Cincinnati agent is good advice. You want an agent who will give you a 90 day sale price, not an agent who will give you the price that will 'buy' your listing. The current market is a tough one for sellers. You will also probably hear that market will respond to your entry price, and you may need to adjust accordingly to get a sale.

Good news comes from the market statistics for 21701 in comparing the market this past June to the market of June 2009. June is the latest month for which statistics are available: sold volume up 35%, sold price up 7%, total units sold up 27%, average days on market down 30%.

2010 2009 % Change
Total Sold Dollar Volume: $ 13,528,200 $ 9,984,900 35.49 %
Average Sold Price: $ 260,158 $ 243,534 6.83 %
Median Sold Price: $ 232,500 $ 225,000 3.33 %
Total Units Sold: 52 41 26.83 %
Average Days on Market: 96 136 - 29.41 %
Average List Price for Solds: $ 288,075 $ 281,488 2.34 %
Avg Sale Price as a
percentage of Avg List Price: 90.31 % 86.52 %

You can access this data yourself. Go to mris.com/top left blue box:News/Market Statistics/Zip Code Statistics under reports in center/Enter Zip Code,Generate Reports. You may select data for months prior to June from the pull-down menu if you wish.

As a MD licensed appraiser and Realtor with many years of experience, I'd be happy to put my knowledge to work for you. My CMAs (no charge) are three step processes. First, I visit your home. It is important to learn its features, including any market negatives your home may have. Second, I compare your home to other nearby homes similar to yours that have recently sold and arrive at a pricing range. Third, you and I review the data I have collected and arrive at a market entry price.

My team and I are with you (almost) 24/7!) through closing, taking care of the myriad of details involved in selling a home.

Please give me a call or drop me an email if we can be of help to you.

Peter
Web Reference: http://www.2hdb.com/petert
Good Morning Jim:

I am a real estate agent in Frederick County and I am very familiar with the Frederick area. If you e-mail me your address I would be happy to e-mail you a free CMA. A CMA is not going to give you an exact value but will show you what other like homes in your neighborhood are selling for. My e-mail is patty.smith@longandfoster.com. We can talk about further details.

Thank you, patty
Web Reference: http://www.pattysells4u.com
Jim get in contact with a good Realtor® in your area for a good idea of the value of your home. Let them know that you want an idea of the price that you would have to be at to sell in 90 days. There are some agents that if you are thinking of listing your home will try to "buy" the listing by giving you a higher price and counting on getting multiple price drops from you.