Home Selling in Houston>Question Details

Paul, Both Buyer and Seller in Houston, TX

homes foundation repair which is best pressed piles or drilled bellbottom?

Asked by Paul, Houston, TX Mon Mar 7, 2011

Probably not the best question for this site. I would contact an engeneering firm or college to research the answer to this question.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Drilled concrete piers, with a belled bottom if you can achieve it, is the better option, if you are in thick clay soil. You should have a geotechhnical engineer study your site and provide recommendations before you do anything.

Nick Kauffman, P.E.
Geotechnical Engineer
Austin, Texas
Hello Paul,

I agree with Don that this questions would be answered best by the people in the foundation repair industry or an engineering firm. If you have any real estate marketing questions, home value questions, or any question related to the selling or buying of a home, I would be happy to address that for you. Thank you, and good luck in your research.

Brandon Newton
Green Dawn Realty
Office 281.894.5500
Cell 713.890.9108
Hello, Paul.
I am a realtor here in the greater Houston area. My name is Kathleen and I have a few tips for you. There is a site called-- CheckaPro.com. They have businesses listed that could help you. Call the Better Business Burea for complaints. Remember that businesses pay to be a part of each of these services. The BBB allows you to purchase your rating. Angie's list may be a source of pro or con for a particular repair company. Ask each compnay if they have a video source you can look at to see what they are talking about. Pointing at the ground and yelling and talking fast aren't helpful. If you spend the TIME to investigate you can usually weed out the poorer quality sites.
Now you say you are a buyer and seller. MAKE SURE THAT ANY WORK DONE HAS A TRANSFERRABLE WARRANTY!!!! Do you have a realtor? If you have a Realtor you will need to share this repair info with that person and have the documents available for them and the people purchasing the house. REMEMBER: that warranty is only for the current repairs. It won't cover new damage that might occur in the future so ask how to prevent future damage if possible and get everything IN WRITING!! Even estimates and make sure they are detailed.
Now I know I didn't answer which is best. I can't do that and only a company that makes these repairs can tell you what is best for YOUR house because it could be different for the house next door depending on many factors. I hope when you are ready to buy and sell you will contact me for help there, also. Looking forward to visiting with you soon. Good Luck. Very truly yours, Kathleen (281) 799-4002 or email: KathleenRealtor1@gmail.com