Jamie Miller, Real Estate Pro in Fishers, IN

home has had 55 showings in 6 months and no solid offers. my listing expires in 3 days. should i re-list right away or wait til January?

Asked by Jamie Miller, Fishers, IN Sun Nov 18, 2012

Answers

19
Rob’s answer
Sounds like your agent has done a great job of getting people through your home. Fishers is a robust market right now in most price points with strong demand with limited inventory.

Re-list your home only if you are willing to adjust the price and/or the condition of your home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
55 showings is unheard of unless you are in a new home community. If you are getting offers then the problem could be price. No offer should ever be rejected without at least counter offering it. You should sit and ask your agents straight up why it has not sold. Then invite a couple of other agent sin and ask them. The fall is just as good if not better than spring to sell. But first you need the answer to why it has not sold.
I agree with what others agents have said. 55 showings mean your agent is doing their job getting potential buyers through your door. Most times it's price and/or condition that would keep someone from writing an offer. Have you been receiving feedback from the agents on these showings? I would take that into consideration when deciding how to proceed. If you'll make the needed adjustments moving forward, I would say to re-list it; otherwise, waiting until spring might be your best option!

Mallorie Wilson
Sales Manager
Century 21 Diversified
317-590-3434 direct
55 showings. Wow! What have you done in regards to responding to the feedback given from those 55 showings? How is your home priced in comparison to your area? If you are one of those folks who are hell bent on only accepting a preconceived notion of a price within your own head, then best of luck to you.
I would agree with everyone, your home is probably priced too high for people to make an offer. In the time it has been on the market have you reduced the price at all? It probably depends on the feedback you're getting as well. Although if there was something glaring turning people off from the home, you'd know about it from that many showings. If you're getting pretty good feedback and something about the layout doesn't fit, or the yard doesn't work. It's probably the price or lack of price reductions during the 6 months it's been listed. If you've had none, buyers may see that as a reluctance to be willing to negotiate with them, and are making offers on other properties that they feel they can negotiate on price and/or inspection items.

Tom McCollister
317-410-9709
Tom.McCollister@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 15, 2012
Or, use a full service company if you don't want the hassle of setting
appointments, etc. Most agents will give you a break on the listing
commission if you buy your next home through them - me included.

Lots of folks who haven't sold, pull their homes off for the Holidays
and then go back on.

Price is king and selling is a competition between your home and
others in the same price range. You need to be priced competitively.

Thanks for asking,
It sounds like your price is too high for somebody to make an offer. Would it help if you were paying less commission. Cut the commission in half and reduce your price by that amount with a Flat Fee listing. http://www.libertyrealestate.biz
It sounds like you are collecting SHOWINGS, instead of OFFERS:
You sure can't blame your Listing Agent for now doing his Marketing!
You cannot say the Market is slow.
You cannot fault the other Realtors in town for now showing the house.

So, either the house stinks and shows badly,
Or the PRICE is way too high.
You can do the math.
I would consider getting a new realtor. Make sure you list before Super Bowl Sunday and have an open house so your home gets int he paper. Also make the terms shorter with your next realtor....six months is too long. Ask the realtor you pick how many listings they have per year and how many were sold.....it gives a better idea of their success rate. If they only sell 50 percent of the homes they listl--that isn't very good odds for you. Put flowers in the bathrooms and a seasonal wreath on the front door. Change the wreath often. Use bigger pictures on walls and less little pictures that tend to clutter.
Is your home 13214 Summerwood LN? I showed this home and when I looked up homes in Fishers that have been listed 180 days or more with your name, that is the address that came up. I see that you've relisted your home with the same agent. There's a few things I would recommend to help you sell and I'm happy to share if you are interested.

Kristen Yazel, REALTOR (R)
The Stacy Barry Group
Century 21 Scheetz
http://www.advance2home.com
(317) 705-2629
(317) 721-2745 - direct
Hi Jamie,
There is a ton of info to take in, but the bottom line is this: if you take your home OFF of the market right now, it has to be OFF the market 90 days and on the 91st day it is considered a "new" listing in our computer system. If you take it off now, and put it on in January, the "Days on Market (DOM) will just add on to what it already is. Does that make sense?

People who are "looking" at homes during these winter/holiday months, typically are serious buyers.

Feel free to shoot me a text to discuss...be happy to help just put your mind at east. (317)503-0532.

Kathy

PS. Century 21 Scheetz has some of THE most amazing marketing tools and techniques specific to just our company too...I can share those with you as well
If you still want to sell, then list it again now. There really isn't any benefit to waiting and the downside is you might miss a buyer. The market slows in the winter but homes still sell. The buyers out looking are serious buyers.

The big question is why haven't you gotten any solid offers? I know it can be frustrating to show the house so many times and yet not sell. It could be price, condition, location.....what feedback are you getting from the agents?

Make sure you partner with an agent that is working for you and giving you information that will help you make good decisions. It's easy for me to say leave it on the market but maybe there are reasons that make sense for you to take a break.

Good luck! And you have my info of you have any questions. Julianne
Web Reference: http://jj.callcarpenter.com
Hi Jamie, as a top Fishers Realtor, I have been selling a significant amount of homes this fall. I live in Fishers and love selling homes in Fishers. This is partially due to the fact that inventory levels are really low so the buyer's do not have as many options. If you wait until January the inventory levels are going to be higher due to the fact that many people choose to wait until after the holidays. I have many creative ways to get your home sold in a timely manner for a price acceptable to you. You can go to my website http://www.DealwithNeal.com to read about what's going on in Fishers and to get advice on selling in the Fishers area. I love writing Blogs on Fishers and hope the information is helpful. Give me a call at 317-371-8133 or you can email me at AndrewNeal@REMAX.net and I would be happy to meet with you and see if there is way we can get you what you need for the home and get it sold! I highly recommend you interview a few agents before making a decision so you do not have a repeat experience of your first listing. Thanks!

Andrew Neal
RE/MAX
The Andrew Neal Group
317-371-8133
andrewneal@REMAX.net
http://www.DealwithNeal.com
Jamie,

I see you also asked whether to keep your home on market through the
winter or wait until spring to relist.

Many businesses relocate employees during the Christmas season,
while the inventory of homes on market is at its lowest point in the year.
If you stay on market you may be rewarded. However, adjust your price
and take a hard look at the things prospective buyers have complained
about and see if you can mitigate any of those.

When agents and prospective buyers look at the number of days you've
been on the market, they worry there might be something wrong with the
home when that number seems over long. Address that with a price
reduction and if you've made any physical changes, mention those in
the listing remarks to allay any fears.

Marita
Broker/Agent
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
317.513.4652
Jamie,

I'd like to add that I find it sometimes helpful to ask those who viewed your
property what they bought instead. You must adjust the price or the conditions
of your house to make it more appealing to prospective buyers. Think of it as
a competition.

I should state that any property will sell at the right price. That's the first place
to look.

Good Luck,

Marita
Broker/Agent
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
Sounds like the good news is you have had "traffic" through and that is the way you sell. The challenge sounds like buyers are not seeing THEIR VALUE in the home. It could be the condition, location-next to a busy street, or your asking price doesn't meet the expectations or the other homes that have sold in your neighborhood.
I would suggest reviewing the feedback from those 55 showings to see the pattern in responses. This should tell you the issue. If it's condition, is it possible to improve? If it's price, are you able to adust?
Interest rates are still great, buyers out there now are serious buyers and competition is not as steep as the SPRING SELLING season. If you are serious about selling your home I don't see any reason not to re-list to sell. Maybe a few changes are the only thing needed.
I hope this has helped in your decision for selling your home and I am happy to help.

Amy W Corey
http://www.amymoveshomes.com
the feedback has had a pattern-kitchen too small, road behind the house,corner lot. all of things we can not change. we have adjusted the price, maybe not enough? We always get the feedback of clean,well taken care of home
Flag Thu Nov 22, 2012
Your home is being used as a comparative to sell other listings. Most likely cause is pricing. Difficult to say exactly without viewing the property. Ken Fisher, Ken R Fisher & Associates, Inc., Realtors, Reduced Fee Brokers and Consultants. http://www.kenfisherrealtors.com.
Hello Jamie,
Good news is you've had 55 showings! Some sellers are in the same boat you are and a common thought is to wait until spring to list it again. There are buyers still out there and now due to those "Spring listings" expiring less competition. If you are in a position to list your home, now might be a great time to get the results you're looking for. Good luck to you!
Daniel Borden
F.C. Tucker Company
Fishers
Talktodan@talktotucker.com
Give me a Call at 696-3250
We will fiqure out why you home has not sold and will get it sold by 1/1/13
No reason to wait I have buyers ready to buy today
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012