Paulus.sextus, Home Seller in 11937

hey my friend want to advertise his house in this web site how can i post pictures and prices????

Asked by Paulus.sextus, 11937 Sat Mar 27, 2010

Answers

6
the best way to post pictures and prices is to list with a real estate agent - a local agent is probably best - but choose one that is really dedicated to the profession.
Web Reference: http://www.tommcgiveron.com
If the house is for sale, and he is serious about selling it, it would be in his best interest to list his house through an agent. Since it appears that he is trying to sell it on his own, he may be skeptical of working with an agent (and my answering this question as an agent might generate further skepticism). However, the great majority of houses on the East End sell through brokerages, since most serious home buyers in our area are already working with brokers and not reading the classifieds in newspapers or on the internet looking for FSBOs. Working with an agent gives a home seller the best access to potential buyers, both through "co-broking" (our way of sharing listings between agencies in the Hamptons) and through advertising on websites frequently visited by potential buyers but not available to the general public (such as Trulia and HREO.com).

But there is also a much more practical reason for a seller to work with an agent. As everyone knows, the real estate market has taken quite a hit, and although it is improving, being able to determine the value of a property, and therefore list it at a price that is appropriate for our current, and adjusted, market is of utmost importance. An agent can provide a seller with a Comparative Market Analysis on the value of a home and put an appropriate price tag on a property, as we have easy and up to date access on recent sales across our area. Serious sellers should look for an agent with a strong knowledge of the market who can provide them with data regarding how much their property is worth. We are seeing a solid number of houses being sold and going into contract, but the fact remains that buyers are more savvy that ever and are only bidding on properties that are well priced.

I would be more than happy to speak to your friend about his property, should he be interested. I work forDevlin McNiff, an independently owned agency in East Hampton that is focused on client satisfaction and customer service. We represent properties from Southampton to Montauk, but our area of expertise is East Hampton. I can be reached either on my cell at 917-691-0852 or via email at ali@devlinmcniff.com

Thanks for your inquiry,

Ali Spencer

PS.... if the house is for rent, that's a different answer altogether. He should certainly list it with every agency on the East End (all rental listings are "open listings") and should also check out websites such as homeaway.com and vrbo.com.
Hi Paulus
I am a broker with Sothebys International Realty in East Hampton NY
We offer the most extensive global marketing exposure and are the top luxury selling firm in The Hamptons
For more info give us a shout 631.907.8444
If your friend has the property listed with an agent, he/she can enter the information--if it is a for sale by owner, Trulia will not allow the post, however your friend can try blogging about the property.
Greetings... is the home for sale or rental... we have a local office 20 Main Street in Southampton and we would be happy to be of service Im in Southampton this weekend, give me a call anytime.

Jon
You can create an ad in the blog section, but Trulia only allows agent/broker lisings in the listing section.

In case you might be interested, there's some FSBO info attached to the link below. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…