Kjparrett3, Home Buyer in Saint Cloud, FL

hello, we live in a gated neighborhood in 32828, waterford chase east, and would like to downsize- is that ok in this market?

Asked by Kjparrett3, Saint Cloud, FL Mon May 23, 2011

Answers

13
Yes you can down size at any time, is the market going to be kind, maybe not. Put you home on the market first before you get hopes of buying. Have a Realtor give your present residence a CMA, see if this amount is something you can live with, if it is not, stop, you need not put you home on the market right now. Once you decide if you want to try and sell your home at the fair market price recommended, decide what you rock bottom is for selling your home, if you get to this point, you may decide to stop and continue no further until market conditions improve. But lets say you get a CMA you can live with and list with, lets say two months later you get an offer very close to asking and also very acceptable to you. The home sells, you pay off obligations and pocket the rest, not you are off to find your new home, you will not have long before you have seen some great homes that fit your need both in looks and price! Good luck!
Hi, I have worked with numerous people in your situation and I can help you in your real estate solution. What you need is a consultation on out of the box available options if situation demands therefore if you can either e-mail me your criterion such as your other wants / needs, your long term and short term goals, expectations etc.. My e-mail is : rakeshp233@yahoo.com or better yet if I get your contact number I truly appreciate it. You can also contact me directly at my cell phone number 407-625-6053.
Hello Kj,

If I understand your question correctly, you wish to sell your home in Waterford Chase East and downsize to a smaller home in Saint Cloud. There are multiple questions that need answering and some research will be necessary to really respond acurately to your question. For example, do you have any equity in your Waterford Chase property or will the payoff of a mortgage combined with the expense of selling put you in a short sale situation? Are you needing a certain amount of equity out of the sale of your home in order to buy another?

The best advice for you is to seek the advice of a real estate professional who can provide you with the information necessary for you to make an informed decision. If I can be of service, please feel free to contact me anytime and I will be happy to talk with you.

Thank you for posting your question on Trulia.com.

Suzanne Ogden, Realtor
Exit Realty Central
(407) 234-1098
sogden2@cfl.rr.com
Web Reference: http://www.suzanneogden.com
Hi KJ,

If you do not have to sell at this time, you may want to look into the possibilities of renting your home out. Homes in gated communities tend to rent well so you may want to see if your rental income could cover your monthly expenses and provide you with an extra source of cash towards purchasing another home. If you need help evaluating these scenario,I can be of assistance. We could then evaluate the possiblilities of selling when the market improves. If you need assistance with property management and leasing, please give me a call. We provide these services in addition to buying/selling assistance.

Rick Tressler
TCAT Realty
407-421-3002
Web Reference: http://www.tcatrealty.com
You asked:

Your question intrigues me and I love all the answers. When you say is it OK, I can only ask is what is it exactly that you want to be ok with?
• Short selling you home?
• Selling your home for Top Value?
• Finding a home that meets your needs?
• Tax ramifications?
• Qualifying for a new mortgage?

Obviously, consultation is needed to plan for contingencies and scenarios that you and (your spouse?) are comfortable with. The choice of a realtor is yours. I have been a resident in 32828 for 10 years and an full time realtor for 9. I can assist you in your goals, if that is your desire.

Search for homes CLICK HERE:

http://topvaluesinorlando.com/
Need More Information? Please visit us @ http://topvaluesinorlando.com/

Mike Luzzo
Charles Rutenberg Realty
933 Lee Road, Suite 300
Orlando, FL 32810
Office: (407) 622-2122
Cell: (407) 222-4545
Fax: 407-442-0615
Vicki Moletteire
Mortgage Loan Consultant

Website: http://www.smsorlando.com

405 Alexandria Blvd., #100
Oviedo, FL 32765
Phone: (407)359-1255, x-103
Fax: (407)359-1232
Good morning Kiparrett,

Yes it is, You will get less for your home but you will also pay less for the next one. The differential, however, will be smaller.
Hope that helps and let me know if I can do anything else for you.
raquel@orlandorealtyqueen.com
I share the same 'as long as your not upside down on your mortgage' as one of the other Realtors. It would be best to get a proper comparative market analysis to determine what value your property will provide you with. Then we can go over your long and short term needs and expectations and lay out a flexible plan that will get you to what you want. At that point you'll know if your goals are obtainable and then 'yes, it's ok in this market'.
The Waterford area is a well sought group of communities and have held property values better than most.
Please let me know if I can further assist you.
Mike
407-463-5348
I recently sold a home in a gated community jsut down the street from you and the market value was stronger than you may suspect. Some issues will be 1) when you bought your home, 2) Did you take a home equity loan, 3) The terms of your note and how you paid it.

These are some considerations. If you would like to talk about this and get a good idea where you are in todays market. Give me a call and I can assist you, I have several points that can help with your choices

Ken Anderson
ApexOne Realty, Inc
321-246-3190
ken@ken4u.com
http://www.apexonerealty.com
As long as you are not upside down in your mortgage. Keep in mind that it is a buyers market, but the market is really good for a traditional seller property. It seems like everything is a short sale these days! I lived in the Waterford area for 16 years. It is definitely time to get a great deal on a smaller home. I would be happy to speak to you about your situation and work out a game plan. I also have 25 years in residential real estate appraisal and would be able to give you a very good market analysis. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Lisa Hill, GRI
407-924-9393
There are many ways to answer your question. First we need to look at your property. Do you have an idea for a price. We then should look at do some work researching whats the true price we could sell it in todays market. Depending on the results then it will be up to you to make the final decision. There are a lot of good properties out there for you to down size.
If interested please contact me.
Although this is a buyer's market, there are plenty of buyer's available if you are interested in selling your home. You would probably have to list it at a lower price but you would probably make up the difference when you purchase another home as properties are selling at an all time low. I have many buyer's (including my sister) who is looking to buy a home in the Waterford neighborhood. I would be happy to give you a comparative marketing analysis at no obligation just so you can see what other homes are selling for in your area. If you price your home to sell instead of sit, you should get an offer pretty quickly.
We are learning in today's market that people are prefering quality over size these days. People are no longer looking for expansive homes, but instead smaller homes that have all the bells and whistles. These homes are called "jewelboxes". I think if you are prepared to sell your home for what it's worth today that you can get an excellent deal on a smaller home. If you have any equity, you could actually still make a profit in today's market and end up with a little cash in your pocket and also have a lower mortgage. Even if you break even when selling your property, you should be able to purchase a smaller home and also have a smaller mortgage. If you need a market analysis of what your home is worth, please let me know and I can get you one at no cost. Feel free to e-mail me or call me with any questions.
Timothy Bratcher
TBratcherRealtor@yahoo.com
407-399-5951
Hello Kjparrett3,
One thing you will have to remember, is that it is a buyer market. You might come out even because you will loose a little when you sell but you will gain when you buy. I hope that makes sense to you. If I can assist please let me know.

Devi
407-227-3886