Home Selling in Vienna>Question Details

Steve, Home Seller in Vienna, VA

has anyone successfully used ebay auctions to sell residential house?

Asked by Steve, Vienna, VA Wed May 9, 2012

If yes, I would love to hear the details and the realtor information (if available). thank you for the assitance

Answers

5
Natalie Dean’s answer
Steve:
If you are looking to auction your house there are much better and easier ways to get it accomplished. There are auction houses that I deal with that make the process simple and successful every time. Let me know if you would like additional information. Please contact me so I can share.

All the Best!
Natalie Dean
202-438-1056
nataliedean@mris.com
Steve, I am an agent in Vienna and I have heard of people trying to do this on Ebay, but with no success. There are so many laws pertaining to real estate transactions here in VA that the savings would barely cover the legal fees that would be required.

I would be happy to sit down and discuss this further with you and since I am located in Vienna I can bring local information about our area.

Jeffrey Stack
Century 21 New Millennium
703-943-8130
I have advertised several times on ebay in the past with little or no response. Craigslist.com has good results.
Steve,

I sort of like the idea and feel it may be decent for a run of the mill condo or such but the local laws of disclosure etc. could impact how things are done.

I have never seen it used successfully in my 25 years in the biz and I know of nobody who has.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf,ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Re/Max Distinctive Real Estate, Inc.
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222
Very first time hearing of selling a house on ebay ~ won't suggest but would like to hear more about it.