Frustrated In…, Home Seller in Manchester Township,...

hOW LONG DOES A BUYER IN nEW jERSEY HAVE TO GET ALL OF THEIR INSPECTIONS DONE? AS A SELLER, I THE BUYER IS GETTING TOO MUCH TIME. I'M ANNOYED

Asked by Frustrated In Nj, Manchester Township, NJ Fri Jun 24, 2011

WE'RE SELLING HOME IN NEW JERSEY, MOVING OUT OF STATE. THE BUYERS SEEMS TO BE TAKING TOO MUCH TIME TO GET INSPECTIONS DONE. HOW LONG DO BUYERS HAVE TO GET ALL THIS DONE FROM THE POINT OF A SIGNED CONTRACT. I FEEL OUR LAWYER MAY BE TAKING ALL OF THIS TOO LIGHTLY. SINCE MOVING OUT OF STATE. WE HAVE ALOT TO TAKE CARE OF BEFORE ACTUAL MOVE. VERY FRUSTRATING

Answers

5
Huh,

My answer to this question most certainly does not match the qauestion.Don't know what happened here.

Gonna try again to answer your question direct. . . . most often it is 15 days from the end of attorney review. Howeverr, if large ticket items are uncovered with the traiditional home inpsecti9on wheren the inpsector says ' p;lease seek a specialist", then, tge buyer has the right to extend that period fo time to include specailist inspections and tje attrney will agree to additional time.for additional inspections.

Most currently have a deal scheduled to close on 6/30 or 7/15 and buyer and seller contine to get estimate foir expensive repairs. Sooooooo frrustrating to both the agents, buyers and sellers.

Rest assured that your attorney is most likely looking out for your best ntersetes in allowing more time and is keeping mind your out of state status. Unfortunatey, we live in a very litigious state and being cautious ios much preferred oiver rusing things.

Sineerely,
Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associates, ePro, SRES
732.606.2931 (direct/24/7)
Francesca@patrizioRE.com
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Hi there - agree with Diane - most often I see 10-14 days to complete inspection and provide repair requests to you, the seller.

From there you'll negotiate and come to an agreement. Once reached, the inspection contingency is cleared.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
It varies by sales contracts, but most agents tend to put 10-14 days. However, while you are in attorney review, the attorneys can agree on different lenghts of time than were in the original contract. Then, once the inspections are done, you can negotiate the buyers requests for some time while estimates are obtained, etc.
If your attorney is not helping you, speak with your agent. He/she should be able to give you the timeline as per your contract.
Good luck with your move.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
All time lines are according to your contracts. Call your agent let your agent do the work with the buyers agent and your lawyer
This is why sellers hire Realtor and Lawyers to do all the work. If you get no where with your agent call that agents broker.

Good Luck in your new home
Maggie Quinn
Crossroads Realty
Jackson/Millstone Office
Cell 732-299-1502
Hi Frustrated,

I can understand your frustrations. Paragraph 20 of the sales contract, line 242 @ line 251 should have the number of calendar days after the end of attorney review for buyer to have their inspection report issued. (I usually insert 10 days in that spot). Sometimes the number of days may be changed during attorney review. Look at your contract and the letters to and from the attorneys and see when the report is due. Are you still in attorney review? Have the buyers made a second deposit?

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty