Home Selling in Hudson Oaks>Question Details

Tony Hardee, Both Buyer and Seller in Hudson Oaks, TX

for sell by owner

Asked by Tony Hardee, Hudson Oaks, TX Sat Sep 10, 2011

Can i list my home for sale by owner on this site

Answers

2
I would suggest using a Realtor. You would have to check with Trulia but this is more a Realtor site and things need to be fed through the MLS. Let me know if you need an agent/broker in the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
This is not a FSBO site. The listings come from MLS and foreclosed sites by Realtors.

I' m pretty sure that you will be better of hiring a Realtor. Selling a house is not just about posting on the internet. It is about pricing it perfectly and creating full market exposure. Most Realtors won't show a FSBO because they need too many repairs, the seller is quite difficult to deal with, they are too greedy and priced to high. Often they met with a Realtor who told them their home is priced too high and they weren't willing to sell at that point so they did FSBO.

That may not be you but is true of most. The commission fees for the buyers agent are at risk. Inexperienced people don't know the issues, concerns, or have the knowledge base to negotiate. But with all due respect, it's probably going to result in a no sale or leaving money on the table.

I know this is harsh, and you just asked a simple question. But I would want to know that if I was in your shoes. If you need a good Realtor referral I can help you qualify one that knows your area.

PS - 15 years ago I tried FSBO. The market was great and I had marketing degree, just not a Realtor yet. I even sent out flyers to every real estate company in my area offering a free lunch and gift for a Realtor open house. Only one showed up. The Realtor who sold me the house. He explained to me like I did you why FSBO is such a bad idea. He even invited all his office to come. None other than himself. Good luck!

Cathy Bureau
Green Home Realty