Home Selling in Texas>Question Details

Wallace Lond…, Home Seller in Texas

easiest way to close if I cannot do it in person and may not be home (far away frrom sale) for mail funds driectly into my bank account???

Asked by Wallace London, Texas Tue Jul 13, 2010


Help the community by answering this question:


I almost forgot, if you are in the US you can also request your title company to arrange a
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
Power of Attorney if you are out of the country. If you are in the US ask the title company to arrange a mobile notary to bring the closing papers where ever you are. If they say they can't then just tell them to get in touch with a mobile notary called Docpros.net. They are really good and have used them several times nationwide.
Web Reference: http://www.elliottoliva.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
There are a few ways you can handle this, you can appoint someone to carry out your role with a Power of Attorney or you can have your escrow officer send documents to you. Either way you can have funds electronically transferred to your account regardless of where you are. I would think having a power of attorney drawn up would add more costs to you because you have to have an attorney do this and then it has to be filed with the court in the county where the transaction is closed. The only additional charges you will have by documents being sent to you would be for fedex, ups, etc. and a small fee for a notary. I suggest communication with your escrow officer, ask them the best and most effecient way to handle it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 12, 2010
I just closed a deal with the sellers being in Australia. we appointed a Power of Attorney and had the funds wired to their account in Australia..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 28, 2010
Ask your escrow officer for the most satisfactory method.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 13, 2010
You can be anywhere in the world and sell your property anywhere. As long as you have fax machine, computer. You can sign all the documents and notarized it and mail it back. You can give all the wiring instructions to your realtor to pass it to your closing attorney. All the proceeds from your home sale will be electronically wired into your account. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me. I do sell properties nationwide and also sold and own properties in Europe. You can email me at:Sabrina@SabrinaGill.com
Web Reference: http://SabrinaGill.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 13, 2010
If you are working with an agent, you can give them power of attorney to close for you. Further you can discuss with the title company about escrow possibilities and receiving the sales proceeds via wire.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 13, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Home Selling in Texas > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer