Lou Paternos…, Home Seller in 75243

does zip realty have an incentive realtor fee and only charges 3%?

Asked by Lou Paternostro, 75243 Sat Mar 17, 2012

like maye only charges 3%

Answers

6
I am unconfirmed what Zip policy is however happy to assist you with several of our Real Estate plans. I also include everything agreed upon in the listing agreement

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 17, 2012
I always recommend a full service real estate brokerage when selling a home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
That's one reason why I always recommend Zip Realty.
Flag Sun Oct 21, 2012
Zip Realty seems to still be alive and growing: http://www.dailyfinance.com/quote/nasdaq/ziprealty-inc/zipr and it is the only real estate company that shows its numbers to the public. Try to compare them with any other real estate brokerage. This is from today's news: ZipRealty Inc. ZIPR +4.65%topped the list of Biggest Percentage Price Gainers among common stocks on the Nasdaq Stock Market.
I would ALSO recommend caution when using a brokerage OR AGENT that offers its services for such a substantial reduction in listing fees, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Remax, Zip, CB, KW, etc.
As Jay states, "You have to be VERY VERY careful with so called "discount brokers." , and I hope he is not implying that Zip Realty is one of those, because it is a full-service residential real estate brokerage firm.
I think they are out of business now. This model doesn't really work as it leaves nothing for the selling agent. It's hard to stay in business with no revenue. It may sound good in theory, but in practice we have not seen it work.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Mr. Paternostro,

I would recommend caution when using a brokerage that offers its services for such a substantial reduction in listing fees. The days of buyers lining up to buy are long passed. In order to sell today most sellers will need an in-depth market analysis with targeted pricing recommendations, an experienced marketing specialist to promote your listing to widest number of potential buyers, and a savvy negotiator to secure the best possible terms.. Discount brokerages are happy to put a sign in yard, but that's about all you'll get.

If you haven't already, talk to 2 or 3 agents with different companies to make sure that you'll be getting the best service and advice available.

I would welcome the opportunity to visit with you further. Please feel free to call me direct at 469-450-1326 or visit my website at http://www.topagent.co for more information.

Andrea Brooks
Keller Williams
You have to be VERY VERY careful with so called "discount brokers."
They promise to sell your house for less than a full-service agent - but you know the old saying
"You get what you pay for ?" Well, that is especially true when it comes to Real Estate.
For the vast majority of people a Real Estate transaction is the largest purchase/sale they are going to make without exception. Why would you want to skimp on something so important ???
Donald Trump, one of the biggest developers in the United States says he ALWAYS uses a
Real Estate Agent and believes a full-service agency is worth every penny. I agree.
If you want to cut corners, do it other places, at the Mall, at the Coffee Shop, etc.
Real Estate is not the area you want to skimp and try to save money.
In fact, NAR statistics say that even AFTER you've paid a full service brokerage you still come out ahead even after you've paid the commission. So the numbers are there to back it up.
Many people mistakenly think that they can "save" money by going with a cut-rate company.
What they don't tell you is that you do not only get "cut rate" service, in many cases, you get no real service at all. That's dangerous in a transaction that is so important and requires so many various (legally required) disclosures during the transaction. If you enter into a contract or transaction without the required minimum level of service and disclosure - you can be sued in Civil Court ! Don't be fooled by someone who says they are going to sell your property for a Listing Fee of
$ 500 or $ 1000. You are being taken for a ride - one that can open you open to potential liability.

Here in Texas, the Legislature has passed into Law what is called "Minimum Services."
ANY brokerage that "lists" your property must ALSO be ACTIVELY engaged in any transactions and
negotiations - if they aren't - they are in violation of State Law.
Local District Attorneys and the State Attorney General are very interested in prosecuting any
Broker that is not complying with the legally required "Minimum Services."

Don't get sold short - use a full service broker.
Under the National Assn. of Realtors Code of Ethics - full service brokers are obligated to provide you with due diligence and complete fiduciary loyalty and responsibility.

Jay Narey ABR, ALHS
Keller Williams - Preston Rd.
jaynarey@kw.com
972.468.5462