Home Selling in Carrollton>Question Details

Titbi, Home Owner in Carrollton, TX

does tile in bedrooms affect home prices?

Asked by Titbi, Carrollton, TX Sun Apr 24, 2011

Answers

11
It depends on the design of the home, type of tile used for overall appearance. It could if it does not blend with theme of the home

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 24, 2011
That is hard to say for sure. I have shown all tile homes and had people that loved that and people that hated it. Some people prefer wood too. People with allergies want to minimize carpet so those buyers will see it as a plus. I would do what you like while you are living in the house and not worry too much about resale unless you see yourself selling in the near future.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker | Consultant
Buy - Sell - Lease - Invest
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Yes.... it will likely sell faster and for more money than homes without tile.

The best returns for home renovation projects are bathroom and kitchen updates.

We can take a look and give you suggestions if you like.

Bruce Lynn
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
OOPS! I misread the question. I thought you were going to put tile in the bathroom. Carpet is preferred in a bedroom
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So the answer is it depends on the buyer and their preference. It could be a turnoff to some and not for others. Liking the property or not affects the house's value for the buyer and what they are willing to pay and or negotiate for. If you don't like the house it doesn't matter what's on the bedroom floors.
My experience tells me that in this very competitive market, tile might decrease the number of buyers that like your home,since there are probably some on the market that would not require replacing tile.
Buyers may relize it is only cosmetic, but may not want to do the work, due to time contraints or expense.

Occasionally, we do find a Buyer that that is the preference, just not as often as Buyers who would rather to only hve to change outcarpet.

Choice of style and color combinations should be carefully compared.
My answer is no, tile is fine, I live in Carrollton,Tx. My home has no carpet, just hardwood floors and tile. I do have tile in my bedroom. Carpet is out, tile and other flooring are in. If you need help selling call me.
Roy Dawson 972-661-1498. I specilize in homes in Carrollton. I live in Carrollton and work here!
Call me any time,thanks
Hi Titbi,

Depending on style of house and location. Tile work is usually cosmetic as well as functional installed to the owners taste. May not increase value of house but could possibly sell faster. I've seen in the past some less than desirable choses in tile that really turned potential buyers away. So if I were to tile I would stay neutral, blends in with other room decors.

Hi, This is simply a cosmetic fix and shouldn't affect the selling price. Even if a buyer has an issue with the tiles it doesn't mean you have to take off money for them, it's their preference and can change them when they buy the home.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Tile is preferred by most buyers, therefore it increases the odds of selling your home.
Tiles are really a matter of personal preference; if looking to sell ask your agent the question...