Home Selling in Omaha>Question Details

Ginger, Other/Just Looking in Omaha, NE

do people buy homes as is anymore house is worth 82.000 but needs repairs would like 60,000 firm

Asked by Ginger, Omaha, NE Tue Feb 17, 2009

Answers

18
Ginger,

Possibly you should work up an ad in the blog section. You can even post links and upload photos. Quite honestly, I think an ad is what you meant your post to be in the first place. However you, as well as countless others including myself, posted without reading the community guidelines. It is clearly against the guidelines to post an ad in the Q & A forum. However, Trulia has no problem with you doing it in the blog section. Again, good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 17, 2009
Hi Ginger,
Yes, people buy houses as is but usually this type of properties are in poor shape and it takes a lot of money to fix them,it all depends how badly you want to sell your property.I would hire a professional apprizor to have the idea if what I know about the value of my property is the fact or not.
Eva
Ginger,

Value and condition are closely related. If your home is truly worth $82,000 in its current condition, then that is what you should expect to sell it for. However, if once the condition is considered it is only worth $60,000, then you should price is accordingly. Keep in mind that buyers ALWAYS overestimate the cost of repairs.

Troy Trumm
Web Reference: http://www.TrummTeam.com
Hi Ginger,

Yes, people do buy homes as is. I'm curious why it would take $30,000 to fix up a house that according to the city is worth $82,000?

50th and Center is a very popular area and you have to be careful to price it correctly, even as is. It could be worth more than the $60,000 you are trying to net.

I would suggest getting referrals from friends/relatives and get an agent you can trust to help you with the sale.

Bob Bruhn
Web Reference: http://www.OmahaUSA.com
Easy question with an easy answer: Yes.
Please remember that as a seller even though it is an "as is" property, you must still disclose any known "adverse material facts" about the property. Otherwise, the buyer may seek damages up to a year after the sale.
Who determined the value of $82,000? Either a cash buyer or a lender's appraisal will set the amount. Also, who determined the repairs will cost $22,000? That,too, is an unknown number. And if an investor is purchasing this property they will want to achieve a margin of profit of a minimum of 8-10%. Has that been included in the negotiated price of $60,000? Speaking or repairs: does this include all repairs associated with the quality of land, the improvements on the land and the ability to give clear title?
I love real estate- so many issues to look at in order to determine value.
Good luck on the sale.
Dean Uhing
Prudential Ambassador Real Estate
402-709-0727
Ginger,
Yes, people do buy homes "as is" today. Everything depends upon the price you are asking and the repairs that are needed. Give me a call and I can visit with you further. Sharon (402) 690-2103 Realtor
Ginger:

I wish you lived in my area--someone would grab up your house like white on rice--Good luck!
Ginger:

Ginger,

I've actually got a few years on ya. Why don't you click on the My Trulia link in the upper right section of this page and then select blog. See if that gets you there.
heck i didnt know there sections i am not smart when it comes to puter just a simple 65 yr old lady who speaks her mind but thank you all of you lucky people who live south in warmth.
it we dont have money to fix it up and somebody could buy it and put 30,000 in and have anice little home in a nice neighborhood in omaha around 50 center area if anyone knows where that is most homes start at 125,ooo and up but just want to unload house and relax in golden yrs if you know what i mean,but for price i dont want any points or closing cost noning just 60,ooo and thats it,
Yeah--leave slidell and you're in lacombe!
Congrats Dana. BTW, Mrs. rockinblu has family next door in Lacombe.
Cash buyer--on the market one day.
Ginger,

I'm not so sure that's accurate at all anymore. Whether you are represented by an agent or not, the blog attached to the link below may be of some interest to you. While it is directed to FSBOs, there are some ideas that you possibly could implement to augment your agent's marketing plan. Please, if represented, always keep your agent abreast of anything you do on your own. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…
Absolutely! Just wrote a contract on a total wreck today for an investor who is buying up katrina damaged wrecks.
that what the city says it worth and what i pay yearly taxes on
I'm going to delve into something here that I probably ought not to. I ain't no relater and I really no nuthin. However, I think the answer is an obvious yes. Furthermore, I think all home sales are "as is" if all known defects are disclosed, and there hasn't been negotiations stating otherwise. The bigger question is, how do you know it's worth 82k?