Home Selling in Tuscaloosa>Question Details

Megan, Home Seller in Tuscaloosa, AL

do i have to be a realator to put my house for sale on this website?

Asked by Megan, Tuscaloosa, AL Wed Mar 10, 2010

Answers

5
Megan,

I liked Dunes answer the best. :) but a question like yours is always a perfect opportunity for me to post a link to my blog (below), and get some more Trulia "post a lot" points.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 10, 2010
Yes, unless you write a blog showing the house for sale. That could work but will almost certainly not be noticed in the flurry of blogs that push most to the bottom very quickly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 10, 2010
Megan

The official Trulia answer is only Agents can place a home for sale on Trulia...You could also use a flat-fee Agent just to put your house on Trulia, Realtor.com, your local MLs and many other sites......

Now I am aware of a number of people who have use postlets (they just claim to be an Agent as there is apparently no verification used by postlets) and after the waiting period the home shows up as a listing here at Trulia. Trulia apparently uses no verification system and in previous discussions about this said they remove the listing IF IT IS BROUGHT TO THEIR ATTENTION, which does not seem to happen often...

Of course that's all stuff you are not suppose to do and I'm certainly not suggesting you use postlets claim you are an Agent then have your home listed here nor am I saying you could also claim to be an Agent here at Trulia (Since they do not verify that either) with a listing...Just saying I've seen it happen a good number of times.

Dunes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 10, 2010
Trulia's website is for real estate professionals/realtors/brokers to post MLS listings. I think you can post your home on Craigs List without being a Realtor. Please consider listing with a Realtor to get the best exposure available.
Yes I think so. Try using a Realtor, you will receive a lot more than just this website. Good luck.