Guillermo Ca…, Home Seller in 07621

currently with a house for sale in the town of bergenfield nj and looking to change listing agents. Any?

Asked by Guillermo Catano Potes, 07621 Sun Jun 22, 2008

advice on how to find a broker whose income is derived from real estate as a fulltime proffesion, not merely as hobby/part-time job? also, how are sales in this are as of this last week of june?

Answers

12
Vita Strakhman’s answer
Guillermo, how do you know, your listing agent is doing it part-time? Did you ask? Is your house priced correctly? Did he/she show you comps prior yur deciding on a listing price? Does he/she show you how he is advertising/ marketing your house? Did the two of you sit down and evaluate what's working, and what's not working? Do you think, it's possible that your agent is doing everything he/she can to try to sell your house and is unaware that you are unhappy with his/her work? Currently, we are not in the best market for selling and if you are eager to sell, your house needs to be priced competitively.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 22, 2008
I can answer your general question about finding a "full time" Realtor. I will leave the local sales part to someone in your area.

You can call the agency, or agencies, who do a lot of business in your area. You can determine this by viewing property on Trulia, or on your choice of sites, and seeing who shows up most. Call either an agent who advertises on these sites or call their agency and ask for the "Designated Broker". This DB will be able to connect you to a Realtor who works your location.

You may want a listing agent who specializes or, better yet, a Buyer Agent who also lists property. Once you list your property the job will be to find a qualified buyer and either should do the job for you.

Consider, of course, that you have a listing agreement with an agent now and will need to wait for that to lapse before moving on.
2008 is a tough market. Full time agents will be fully invested in profession with the toolbox of online marketing subscriptions to help get the job done.
Hello Guillermo:

So many factors go in to the successful marketing and selling of your home. If meeting with your agent and having a discussion regarding why your house has not sold to date doesn't bring you the answers you're looking for, it may be time to interview other agents.

I would be happy to speak with you regarding your listing and give you a full presentation that represents how I would work for you.

Feel free to email me or call.

Best of Luck!
Robin Baron
Weichert, Realtors
201-261-3300 Office
201-314-1915 Cell
RBaron@weichert.com
Guillermo,

you need to meet with your agent and discuss any issues you have. if you are not satisfied with the answers you are given, then call the broker of the office you listed with and voice your concerns. if you are not completely satisfied with their answers, then you may ask for an unconditional release from your contract.
the Begenfield market, from 6/23/09-7/3/09 has sold 6 homes. also, in the last 30 days, 17 homes have gone under contract in Bergenfield. as i do not know what type of home you have, single family, 2 family and the list price of your home, i can not tell you if your home falls into the price range of sold homes or under contract homes.
wishing you the best
John
201-410-6390
.
Web Reference: http://www.JOHNBRESSOR.com
Guillermo, first I would review your listing agreement that you currently have with your agent. Many brokerage agencies will have ways to terminate the agreement after the necessary steps are taken. If you are truly unhappy, speak with the agent, then the broker and if it can't be resolved shop around for a new agent.

Whether the agent is part time and full time should play only a minor role. My office has some top listing agents, who don't necessarily work full time as an agent - they have another job. I would say the marketing plan, the availability of an agent, and overall communication will be key qualities to look for when interviewing agents. Many are not tech-savvy and will not promote as much online (only what is automatically advertised through their company). Others who have an online presence via a personal website, blog, or several listings will be able to know what steps are needed to really make your home stand out from the rest of the ample inventory out there. And of course, as many have mentioned, the overall pricing of the property is key. Typically within the first 2 weeks, you will get most of your showings so if the property is not staged to sell and priced too high you are going to lose a large portion of possible qualified buyers. Let me know if you're interested in setting up a time for me to share my marketing plan with you! I'd be glad to help you in any way possible.

Christine Markow
Office: (908) 874-7797, ext 519
Cell: (908) 444-3106
christine.markow@era.com
Guillermo
According to NAR statistics, approximately 35% of Realtors are full time.I would intereview three Realtors, and pick the best one. Not all Realtors are created equal.

I don't know your situation, however the correct pricing of a home is 60-80% of getting it sold. You normally need 10-12 showings to get an offer. So if there are no showings, then Realtors are out showing other properties that they believe offer more value.

You need to know how many properties, like yours, have sold gone into escrow, or reduced their price, since your home hit the market. A properly priced home will sell in the first 30 days, at closest to asking price. So, in most markets, overpricing will actually cost you.

Good lluck.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
14 Homes sold from the MLS records since June 1st in bergenfield. Cheapest was $283,000 and sold close to listing price and the most expensive sold for $620,000 this house was originally listed for $749,900. Bergenfield is a desirable area with close commute to NYC and you can find good deals now but comparable homes in nearby towns have lower taxes and buyers are now looking more into homes with low property taxes. I guess you would have to call an office find out who works full time and then try to interview only full time agents, ask them Directly if this is their only income? Good luck with the sale of your home, homes do stay on the market longer in this market and usually sell for less than expected, a good Realtor will give you an accurate CMA and knows excatly how much to list your home for. If you need futher assistance feel free to contact me at mia@villonrealty.com
The sale of a home is an enromous undertaking. Determine why you're not happy with your current Realtor. Interview agents. Talk to friends. If you're still unsure ask the new agent for a shorter listing contract, with extention provisions. Or ask the agent for an E-Z Exit Guarantee. This will allow you to terminate the listing agreement, with cause, and obtain an unconditional withdrawl of your listing contract. This works both ways though, the agent can also terminate the listing agreement, again with cause.
If you'd like a copy of this E-Z Exit Guarantee, feel free to contact me.
I am very much a fulltime realtor with 25 years experience in your area, and can definitely help you. My office is in Teaneck and we do quite a bit of business in BErgenfield. The short answer to your second question is that the market has picked up quite a bit in the last month, but sellers still need to price their houses realistically in order to attract showings because the inventory is still high. Give me a call and let's talk!
Guillermo,

Many of us can give you a referral for an agent in your area (and collect a referral fee from their broker) but I suggest that whomever you decide to interview (and it should be more than 1 agent) that you ask them if they are full time or part time and ask them for their marketing plan. How do they plan on marketing your home. I've seen some part time agents that really do well in this business so I' m not so sure if it's because your agent was part time or lazy. Did you know when you hired your agent that they did it part time or as a hobby? Honestly, the real estate business is anything but part time work and its unfortunate that you obviously had a bad experience. I don't understand why agents take listings and then do nothing to get them sold.

Definitely ask your friends and/or family for realtor referrals and I'm sure you'll get some agents here on Trulia but interview them and question them as to their ability to sell your home. You've already had one bad experience, you do not want to waste more time with another unmotivated agent.

Good Luck.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate/Realtor
Prudential New Jersey Properties
West Essex Regional
973-715-1158 cell
973-239-7700 ext 132 Office
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
Contact Barbara Weismann at Friedberg Properties
201-871-0800
mailto:barbara@bergencountyhomes.com

Full time. Member of the Allen Hainge Real Estate CyberStars (approx. 250 members in the US).
Member Council of Residential Specialists (CRS) of the National Association of REALTORS.

Joan Prout, MBA
Broker Associate
RE/MAX Villa REALTORS
Jersey City, NJ
mailto:Joan@JoanProut.com
800-671-0596x1
Web Reference: http://www.JoanProut.com