Home Selling in Howell>Question Details

bzmugs, Home Buyer in Lakewood, NJ

can i put my house up for sale on trulia?

Asked by bzmugs, Lakewood, NJ Wed Jul 24, 2013

Answers

9
Not as a FSBO - to appear on Trulia your home will need to be listed with a licensed real estate professional.
Unfortunately trulia is for licensed agent.

Hiring an agent would be in your best interest though. We know the current market condition, we have been trained to write legal contract, we are available anytime to show your house.

I understand that you main concern is probably the commission paid to the agent, but think about how much time, effort and money we put in. It is worst every penny of the commission.

However, there are other website where you can list your home for sale. Be ready to "become a slave of your phone" (a trulia agent told me that one day, I never believed him, until my phone would not stop ringing!).

Good luck selling your home, and even though I am in a different state, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Yoann Baral-Baron
Allied Green Realty
San Diego
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hi Bzmug:

There are some websites that post homes "For Sale by Owner." You can google the words in quotes and find some. But, selling real property is a complicated process. I would suggest you do some research at these sites. I also would suggest that you get some recommendations about really good local real estate agents and contact them.

Be honest with the agents. Tell them you are considering selling yourself. Most good agents will talk to about the process, give you some hints and offer information about what they would do for you if you engage them.

You may find that engaging an agent really is the best way to go. If not, you will learn a lot. And, assuming you were honest with the agents, there should be no hurt feelings.

Ron
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 24, 2013
With all the challenges that Realtors wade through to present, price, market , promote, manage and successfully take the sale of a home to closing ; it is always interesting the cycle that a For sale by owner listing takes to eventually get to the right beginning ; interviewing & hiring a Real Estate marketing expert for the job.
The fallacy that thousands of $$ can be saved by cutting a Realtor out is no different than someone deciding to represent themselves in a lawsuit without an attorney.
In fact it is even less useful, because the Real estate commission is paid out of the sale, not prepaid via a retainer.
The real loss is to the unrepresented party ; their interests are neither represented nor protected; potentially costing thousands more.........money that a for sale by owner leaves on the table at each stage of the transaction.

Trulia is a 3rd party site, not a source for real estate listings . It is a virtual portal and in as much as Trulia or Zillow makes consumers more informed; they have yet to substitute the role a Realtor plays as the professional that delivers on a buyers/sellers goals.

Shalu Thaman
Http://PrincetonhomeNJ.com
This side is for real estate agent. So may hire an agent to do so. Thank you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 10, 2013
No but your agent can. Try FSBO.com
Web Reference: http://Www.dianeglander.com
Some people are able to sell on their own but many are not successful. A professional fulltime Realtor will help you sell your home either way. Most of us have FSBO tools that we will share with home owners looking to sell on their own that will include syndicating to hundreds of real estate websites.. I wish you luck on the sale.
You would be much better of with a local Realtor. The Realtor will be able to guide you through many phases of the process.

A Realtor will be able to help you price the home properly, market the home properly including placement in MLS, Trulia,Realtor.com and other high profile search engines.

The Realtor may list your home with no upfront cost, getting paid only if you enter into an agreement that is acceptable to you and goes to closing, in most cases.

The Realtor will also qualify any prospect saving much time and effort.
Simple:
Call your Realtor and LIST it on the local MLS,
then your Realtor can POST it on Trulia.