I'd be happy to meet you and your wife and discuss how I can help.
Carolina One Real Estate
Long Point Road
1. Selling a home is much easier if it is vacant. However in SC landlords generally can show their investment homes, but need a 24-hr notice for the tenant on every showing appointment.
2. It may be difficult to rent a home where the prospective tenant knows (and you should disclose it) that the owner plans to show and sell during their tenancy. Especially now that the rental market in Mt Pleasant is a little soft (many owners who could not sell placed their homes on the rental market).
3. I imagine you need to rent it to avoid having to pay two full mortgages or a mortgage and a rental? Before you rush to rent it, take into account that the management for a rental will cost you 10% of the rental, plus there will be vacancy costs, deterioration and maintenance costs to take into account. Plus sometimes dealing with tenants is a nightmare, even when you have a property management company representing you.
4. If you are in a position to do it, it would be much simpler to sell the home by pricing it and staging it right. Contrary to what people believe, homes that are perceived as "good value" by buyers are still selling! (I recently sold a home in three weeks). Then you can move on with your life and on to your next adventure.
5. If you owe more than you would get for it and you are moving because of a military transfer, you may wish to explore a short sale with your bank.
If you have any questions, please call me or email me, I'd be happy to help.
Alan Donald, MBA, REALTOR, e-PRO
Keller Williams Realty
Talk to your local realtor, that person will be able to help you with the rental and eventual sale of your home.
The Realtor Referral Assistant