Home Selling in Moorhead>Question Details

Laurel Johns…, Home Seller in Moorhead, MN

can i list my house on trulia without a agent?

Asked by Laurel Johnson, Moorhead, MN Wed Sep 30, 2009

Answers

6
Trulia offers this free service to individuals through a licensed real estate professional. There are other agencies that do similar advertising that could assist you. Consider looking at

http://www.forsalebyowner.com

If you wish to do online marketing and not hire a realtor, your best bet is craigslist as well as the FSBO sites. But be warned you will get agents who may have clients interested. Even if you do not wish to pay them a commission, the client is entitled to having an agent and you must be ready to deal with them. This means when they make an offer or discuss real estate questions, be knowledgable enough to deal with it.

Selling/buying a home is one of the largest financial decisions some people make. If you can handle it...I say go for it to save the money but if you are not knowledgable on some areas, it is best to hire a professional.

Sean Dawes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 30, 2009
No only thru a professional realtor.

Do you know IF you are doing a FSOB you must follow laws of your State sale a property if you don't you can be sued by buyer is it worth risk

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911

http://www.lynn911.com
Hi, well we only hear the same. No, trulia does not do for sell by owner but you should contact them and see if there is somehting they can do for you.

Benito.

Sell!
The Official answer is you need to have an Agent put it on the site for you. If you have an Agent you can have them go here and list it on Trulia for you (It's Free)..
http://www.trulia.com/submit_listings/

If you are doing an FSBO then you can find any of the many Flat-Fee services to list your Home here and on other sites like Realtor.com, MLS ect...

Also you can choose to follow Trulias response to this question and contact them...

From Emily of Trulia....."If you are selling your home on your own, please note that Trulia does not include FSBO listings within our search results, however you can talk to our sales team to learn more about advertising options that you may may be able to take advantage of. Please call 888-568-6487 if you'd like to learn more. "

Dunes
If Trulia has a for sale by owner category similar to Craigslist, I am sure you can. However, you might consider using an agent since agents work for you, help you set and get the right price, make your home as appealing as possible and promote it at no cost up front to you. Think about it; Homes represented by a professional realtor usually sell faster at a better price with more appropriate financing. Check it out. Remember, you could probably cut your own hair with varying degrees of success, take out your own appendix should that be needed, but usually you end up deferring to a professional. I know, I know, many babies were born before there was a hospital, a doctor or a midwife only a call away, but...we usually don't choose that course these days. And, remember what they say about someone who decided to represent him or herself in court....Liz - 712-986-4105
Are you comparing selling a home to taking out an appendix and delivering a baby? I didn't know it was in the same realm. I thought you just had to get licensed to be a Real Estate Agent, I didn't realise all of the years you spend in school plus a few years doing your Residency. But it if it means saving even just one life by helping someone find his or her new dream home, I guess it's all worth it.
Flag Sun Jun 16, 2013