Home Selling in New York>Question Details

Ld534, Home Buyer in New York, NY

can i claim my apt on taxes all my friends do?

Asked by Ld534, New York, NY Fri Jan 18, 2013

Answers

8
Better talk to a tax preparation service, they will help you out on this better way Who cares about what your friends do, or say they do if they're lying on their taxes they probably lie to you as well.

Source:
Mr. H. N. Smith
http://www.clearwatersolicitors.co.uk
Speak to an accountant or tax attorney. If you pay interest on a mortgage that is tax deductible and if you're in a coop the portion of underlying mortgage interest may be deducted. If you're in a rental if you use apartment for business a portion may be deducted but please check with a tax adviser.
Mitchell Hall, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY
Hello the best way to give you the best advice on this question is to speak to a couple of tax accountants in your local area. They would know the the real answer.
Hi There,

I'm curious as to WHY all your friends do! What does that mean? Why didn't you just ask them? Oh wait,
that's not a good idea! Actually that is a question that needs to be ask and answered by your CPA or tax professional!

Often you will find that you are allowed various deductions if you have a business in your home - so good luck with that! Seriously...all my friends do! I'm still SMH over that!

Jaymes
We do not believe so. But you can ask your tax person. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
This is best answered by your accountant.
Without much information, when it comes to any tax issues, it's always best to consult with your tax professional, and or, attorney....
This would be a question for your Tax person,
not a Real Estate site.