Richardshel44, Home Buyer in Saint Augustine, FL

can a private residential property owner giving 4% commission sell through Trulia to a qualified buyer?

Asked by Richardshel44, Saint Augustine, FL Sat Apr 27, 2013

Hi Richard! Many sites do not allow posting for FSBO's. Realtors pay a great deal of money to support most of these property sites. Keller Williams utilizes over 60 Home Search Engines (and many of these have sub-search engines). In many cases in a tight inventory market, and we have Buyers, we will seek you out on behalf of the Buyer.

Please keep in mind, in a case like this, you have no representation. Our contracts and disclosures can change annually and most FSBO's do not have the proper knowledge to stay out of potential legal harm's way without proper representation. You are now offering a generous 4% commission for the selling agent...please take into consideration the difference of 2% more to list with a Realtor or the possible legal fees should any litigation occur later, due to the lack of knowledge of the contracts. If you think about it...at an attorney fee of $300-$400/hour, and a possible year-long lawsuit...there is no comparison.
I agree, you can sell to anyone. Not sure what you mean about selling through Trulia. Good luck! If you want to talk Durango Real Estate I'd be happy to help.
Web Reference: http://www.365durango.com
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
OK - here is the very simple answer to your question which somehow no one has as yet answered!!

The answer is, NO............regardless of what commission you may or may not offer, a "for sale by owner" may not list their home on Trulia.

This website only allows agent-listed homes to be posted here.

You may list your home on Zillow.com, Craigslist.com..... or ForSaleByOwner.com, just to name a few fsbo friendly sites.

You also have the option of listing with a flat fee company who can place the home on the MLS for a few hundred dollars, rather than a set percentage - it will then appear on Trulia, fed via the MLS..............you will, however, have to offer a commission to any buyer's agent who brings in an acceptable offer.

Best wishes...........
Not so sure about the qualified Buyer...are you Seller or a Buyer? Is it 4% just for one side? Email me holliedowd@gmail.com. I am so lucky to have a team of 80,000 behind me...I want whats best for everyone...it's never only about just the sale and commission...(970) 903-3276... Let's talk!
look at the question - it says "HOME SELLING IN 81301".....so clearly this is a seller - a fsbo....asking if he can list on trulia....he can't
Flag Sat Apr 27, 2013
Anyonr can sell to anyone at any time.