Home Selling in Gladwin>Question Details

Kit Middleton, Home Buyer in Midland, MI

can a person other than property owner sign a purchase agreement?

Asked by Kit Middleton, Midland, MI Fri Jan 18, 2013

I had a listing contract with a real estate co. for 6 months whereby the contract expired but it also state's under commission's the seller is reponsible to pay the commission 6 months after contract expires if the seller finds a buyer. I did not find a buyer withing the 6 months after expiration date but a buyers agent wrote up a purchase agreement on my property without my knowledge or concent. The buyers agent accepted my forged signature along with someone acting as AIF on the day the purchase agreements were signed. Can the alledged person acting as AIF legally sign the purchase agreement and is the purchase agreement valid from that day forth of signing ? Can the person acting as the AIF verbally or make statements that he or she would get a document showing that person was the AIF on the day of signing the purchase agreement? If the listing agent reprsenting the seller had knowledge of the purchase agreement would the listing agent be responsible to contact the client?

Answers

3
Do these agents know that you are the owner and that you didn't sign these contracts?
You have several issues in your question. Because I do not have copies of any documents, and due to the seriousness of the situation, I would suggest that you contact an attorney in order to resolve this problem.
You should definitely consult an attorney for the answers to your questions.