Home Selling in Arlington>Question Details

Carol, Home Seller in Monroe County, OH

can I maintain a residential right to an acre of land within a larger tract that is being sold?

Asked by Carol, Monroe County, OH Wed Aug 18, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Presumably you're referring to Arlington, Texas.

In general, yes, but the specifics are important.
For one thing, does the zoning allow you use both lots after division?
Are utilities, including water lines and sewer connection available?
Do easements need to be modified?

In order to document your right you will need an attorney to draft the papers. The actual division will also require more papers and interface with the municipality. None of these are free.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 24, 2010
Not knowing all the specifics--consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and see exactly what options/rights you may have--he/she will be your best source of information/advice as it applies in your specific situation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 18, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer