Jenniferaham…, Home Seller in 02813

can I list my house on trulia without an agent?

Asked by Jenniferahamel, 02813 Tue Jan 25, 2011

Answers

9
If you are a for sale by owner, Trulia will not allow the post, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into this site.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 25, 2011
Hi Jennifer,
You can list your house on the actual MLS for a fee and not use a Realtor to show, do paperwork, or negotiate a price. This is called a flat fee and we (Realtors) simply charge for the actual listing using your contact information for buyers to call. Email me if you are interested. I can do that plus list on Trulia for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 25, 2011
Hi Jennifer,

Unfortunately, Trulia does not allow private owners to list their property on the site. Is there a specific reason you do not want to use a real estate professional?

I would love to speak with you about the distinct services I offer and show you how I can sell your property for the best price in the shortest amount of time. If you are concerned about compensation, as most sellers are, please note that I offer free virtual tours and professional photography, a fair compensation schedule which is completely negotiable.

If you chose to try and sell privately, check out my most recent blog for some insight and tips on selling for the private home seller at the web link below.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your options as a home seller, I will be more than happy to help you with either my advice or services. Best of Luck
Hi Jennifer,

Trulia doesn't offer FSBO (For sale by owner). You need a real estate agent to get the listing put onto Trulia. If you would like to discuss further, please call or email me at 401-391-9234 or himmel@michael.net. Thanks and good luck!!
Hi Jennifer,

Selling a home is a major undertaking. If you invest the time required to get everything ready beforehand you'll have a much easier time once your home hits the market. I would suggest hiring a good real estate professional to care for your interests and guide you through the process.

A good listing agent is a partner in your home search, someone with whom you'll be working closely - so spend the time to develop a strong relationship. Discuss with your Realtor what steps he/she will take to effectively market your home before agreeing to list with their company. It is important that you are comfortable every step of the way so starting off on the right foot is a great way to begin a solid relationship.

There are advantages to using a Realtor. Rather than go on at length you can visit my website and explore the seller's guide which outlines the selling process and how a Realtor can make the transaction smooth.

I hope this helped and good luck.

Cheers,
Al Pratte
Broker/Owner
Market Properties
alpratte@marketpropertiesRI.com

By the way...I am never too busy to assist you with your real estate needs.
Hi, Jennifer!

You can certainly list on a number of different site as For Sale By Owner. Before entering the real estate field as a Realtor, I did just that. And the house sat on the market and Ifinally sold after hiring an agent. It is a daunting task, and what I thought I would save in commission, I lost (and then some!) in time, money and emotions. I would be happy to speak with you about it and have a number of resources that might help in your decision making. Interviewing Realtors is "free" and we each have our own style and business practices. I can be reached at 401-714-1644. Best Regards, Marian Luke
Hi Jen,

75% of home owners who try to sell there home with out an agent end up getting one. It's not worth your time and money to do it yourself, and if you price it wrong and it's on the market to long, you'll end up getting even less for it. Don't leave your success to chance, Prudential Gammons Realty has the name, reputation and web presence you need, you relax I'll sell, call me today.

Jamie Rebello
Sure you can, also know as FSBO. I would urge you to at least consider speaking with a local Realtor first so you can learn first hand what it will cost you. Herein Tucson, Arizona for example over 90% of all homes sold are on the MLS (mulitple listing service) so getting your home on there will be a much greater service than on Trulia.com or Zillow.com In fact, both of these websites get their information on homes for sale FROM MLS, it is where you should start. Speak with a local licensed Realtor, the conversatoin is free.

I know, hard to take what i say with any merit since I am in fact a Realtor. I will leave you with this, I would not represent myself if Court (which we can do, just ill advised), I would not operate myself if I needed surgery (I would use a Doctor) and I would use a licensed Realtor if I was to sell my home. Honesty, there is a lot to it, and more than likely whatever you would pay in fees will cost you less in the end than not knowing who should pay what on the purchase contract.

Either way, wish you the best of luck.
Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty
Tucson, AZ
Hi Jennifer,

I believe you would need to be a real estate professional to list your house on Trulia. If you go under Buy on the top menu, there is a "FREE! List a Property" drop down. If you go in it asks you to check off that you are a real estate professional in order to submit a listing.

Good Luck in selling on your own, it can be a tough but it is possible to do. If you are interested I offer For Sale by Owners a free 800# with a yard sign that potential buyers can call and get all the details on your home. This is a free service I offer, all I ask is that if a buyer calls and is not interested in buying your home, you allow me to contact this person after you are done with them.

Happy Hunting,
Chris