Cared, Home Seller in 08087

can I list my home here without a real estate?

Asked by Cared, 08087 Mon Aug 24, 2009

We all try to do our best! Sometimes words come out a little wrong but I would never mean to be offensive or disrespectful in any manner. I frankly don't have time for some of the antics. And if I ever came off sounding demeaning it's definitely not on purpose, that especially goes out to you John.... with all my utmost respect for you.
No offense to anyone else... Just needed to say that to John!

Hope we cleared this topic up. Off to the next!
Web Reference: http://www.NJHomeHunter.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm very sorry for all the confusion surrounding this issue.

The FAQ that rockinblu referenced below was posted in error and is no longer on our site. Trulia does not currently include FSBO listings within our search results however we are always seeking feedback from all groups who visit our site, including FSBO sellers, and the new FAQ that Dunes quoted is a reflection of that aim. FSBO sellers are an important part of the market and we do want to understand their needs.

Once again, I'm very sorry for all the drama. Thank you for your patience and please be sure to let me know if any of you have further questions about this.

rockinblu, I'm very sorry that I haven't yet responded to your email. Two weeks vacation = way too many emails to follow-up on in a timely manner. It's almost enough to make me promise never to go on vacation again. ; )

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
The Question that is not clear is this...

Does a person in all honesty need to use an agent to get their home on Trulia.

Example...It is my understanding anyone can subscribe to Trulia Pro, you do not have to be a Agent or in the Industry (Is this true).
Could I then place my home on Trulia to sell? (Is this accurate or true?)

Sure there is no FSBO category or FSBO splashed across the ad but would I be able to place the property on Trulia because I subscribe to Trulia Pro?

The question is simple even though the explanations tend to be complicated...

The only way to place a property on Trulia is using an Agent? (True or not)
Can anyone subscribe to Trulia Pro? (True or not)
Can they then place a property to sell on the site? (True or not)

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 29, 2009
It's all confusing, my head hurts.....Maybe I'll subscribe to Trulia Pro, I would enjoy receiving priority customer service and also the ability to maximize my exposure...More Dunes for everyone!!!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 28, 2009

I sent you an email..Did you get it? My provider is doing Server whatever and I can't tell if my email is working correctly.. Thanks
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 24, 2009
This is part of the thread Emily was discussing and I was referring to in my earlier answer...

From Emily on a previous post re: FSBO and personal listings on Trulia...
"You've received quite a few differing answers on the subject so I'll set the record straight. Trulia does not include for sale by owner listings within our search results at this time. And as Fred explained, even if you post your home on a site that feeds listings to us, it will not be shown on our site if it is indeed a FSBO listing.

I should also note that, while Trulia does have relationships with many MLSs, by and large listing information is not automatically sent to us from the MLS. Franchises, brokers, and agents can submit listings to Trulia and this is how we obtain most of our listings. That means that if you do sign up for a flat fee service, the flat fee broker can submit your listing to Trulia."

No offense from anyone just doing our job giving answers... wiping off my shoulders
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 24, 2009
I recently had this discussion with Trulia and you cannot list here without being represented by a licensed broker. Trulia does not necessarily pull from MLS but rather participating broker feeds. There was mention of being able to use postlets to be listed in Trulia but that too was negated in the same discussion.

I would suggest before depending on any answer on this topic here, that you go directly to Trulia and ask. They are very happy to assist and very polite. There are 2 different takes on this topic.

I do not and will put anyone's answer down, because we all believe that the info we provide is right. So I do not want to offend anyone in this answer and it is not my intention.

John's answer earlier shows another way to be listed thru flat fee brokers, again they are brokers who are affiliated with Trulia.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 24, 2009
If you list with a flat fee agent, it is possible to get your home advertised on Trulia and other sites for a small fee.

Hope that helps!
Thank-You Emily, hope your vacation was most excellent!

Now back to work!!!!!!! ; )
And you're doing a good job Larry....Thumbs up
I flagged myself the other day because I was curious to read the email they supposedly send out...Never got it.

Figured Trulia saw it was me and knew there was no justifiable reason for anyone to flag me so they ignored it. lol

I think the fact that Larry felt he needed to have a discussion with Trulia about this topic shows he's aware it's unclear or not presented in a Clear enough way by Trulia.

I'm sure Trulia will discuss this at a meeting. ; ) Just being a pain Emily!

I think she'll stop by eventually....Hope all goes well for you..

The pain in the *** , Dunes

I email Emily a moment ago requesting she stop by this question when possible to help us out.

It would be nice to have a simple response to such a simple question...

Hoping, Dunes
Cared, I found this which is a # you can call to ask Trulia directly.......Same as the # provided by Rockiblu
Trulia FAQ's
Trulia Help Center > For Home Buyers and Sellers > Using My Trulia >
Can I list my home on Trulia?

To find out more information about listing your home, call us at 888-568-6487.

Perhaps it is as Rockinblu says

if you check here...http://www.trulia.com/submit_listings/ ... When you click on the submit button thingamagig you will see this....Please confirm that you are a Real Estate Professional in order to submit listings.

I'd call the number Rockinblu provided and come back to share with us what Trulia tells you, I know I would appreciate it...pretty sure the Agents would also!

Also the Blog Rockinblu provided a link to is excellent and I'd suggest checking it out.....
Yes, a home owner can list here on Trulia at no cost. You can also list on Zillow, Postlets, Craigslist and a few others. Up load as many pictures and descriptions as possible and do a great write up for the place. We also offer a FSBO home listing service on our website, http://www.justjerseyrealestate.com, if you are interested. Our site gets hits from all over the state and it's at a reasonable cost and when and if you decide to list with a Realtor we can assist you in finding one that satisfies your needs. Good Luck to you.

Camille Miller
Just Jersey Properties
There are many different programs available to sell/list a home. Having your home show up on the mls is a small part of what a Realtor will do to help you get a contract on your home. I would be happy to discuss all of the options available to you in greater detail.
I think not.

But, I think if you go to one of those flat fee companies it will feed off the MLS and onto Trulia.
Good Luck with it!
No you must be with a License Broker.
Of course you can list without an agent, its sort of like selling a car on your own. I am always curious why you would want to try to tackle the job on your own though.