Home Selling in El Centro>Question Details

Dottie, Home Owner in San Diego, CA

best real estate lawyer

Asked by Dottie, San Diego, CA Fri Jun 15, 2012

I want to short sale my home as a strategic short sale. It's worth half of what I paid now. Payments are current, but I'll never pay it off. It has two loans and a balloon after 15 years. Do I need a real estate lawyer,broker or real estate agent? Also, if I have savings in the bank how do I protect that and can I? Can you recommend someone to help me in the san diego, ca area, it is so hard to know who to trust.

Help the community by answering this question:


What is a real estate lawyer going to do for you other than to take your money? You are under contract to perform per the terms of your contract. By breaching that contract, you subject yourself to a judicial foreclosure should the servicer become aware of your savings. Granted, 99.99% of all foreclosurs are non judicial in California but if they find that you have assets, they can go after you and them. Why should the lender take the fall for your property value?

To your question, engage a real estae agent. One that speciallizes in short sales. An attorney isn't go to be able to do anything for you except promise the moon in exchange for your money, that is, unless you are claiming fraud or other issue similar.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 30, 2014
HI Dottie,

Thank you for asking your questions here on http://trulia.com

Homeowners face a variety of challenges with regarding to any property sale regardless if they need to complete a short sale or not.

I can help answer your questions and as well direct you to resources to help you get the answers you need.

Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Frederic Din, REALTOR(R)
"Your Imperial Valley Housing Specialist"
CA DRE Lic #01274420

Call: 760-235-4885
FAX: 760-259-2037

View listings on the go
Info & photos on your cell phone
Text GOTO IVREO to 95495

Start Your Home Search Here: http://bit.ly/hNU7FG
Neighborhood Video Tours: http://bit.ly/Hd61T6

Social Media, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs & Video
Blog: http://bit.ly/ifVG9x
Facebook: http://on.fb.me/gLYMpS
YouTube: http://bit.ly/dGZuvZ
Twitter: http://bit.ly/eaJxQJ
Blog: http://bit.ly/dYuBdT
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 15, 2012
I would talk to a real estate agent first and see if they can help you. If they can't your next best option will be to get a real estate lawyer. The lawyer will be able to advise you and help you work through all the legal work. It can be tough and confusing without help. http://www.vicwestlaw.ca/en/
Flag Tue Feb 3, 2015
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer