Home Selling in Manalapan>Question Details

CherylHand, Real Estate Pro in Manalapan, NJ

best out of state movers? Are the packers paid hourly? Union or non-union?

Asked by CherylHand, Manalapan, NJ Tue Jul 6, 2010

Answers

4
The search should start with licensed movers, in nj we are governed by the bd of consumer affairs, or you can check out the movers association site at http://www.njmovers.com. Out of state is regulated by the DOT and they have an online site as well. I would strongly suggest you avoid the lead sites that promise multiple quotes from movers, They sell the leads to movers, sometimes quite a few and they do not do a good job of culling out the bad guys. Referrals are the best source. The BBB is an excellent source to check us out as well.
Packing on a move is paid by the consumer "per box" . The moving company may pay the packers by the hour or per piece, either is fair.
Union workers are usually only involved with commercial jobs or in the large cities, It generally makes the move more expensive, but in any case that would be a company decision and not a client issue. You can contact me if you have more questions. 800-310-0912
Web Reference: http://www.bdmovers.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 7, 2010
use ABF called upack. they drop off a truck at your location and you have a week to load it. call when done for pick up then be on your way. they will coordinate your need time on the other end. this by far will be the least expensive way to go. check it out. i have used them 2x successfully to go to florida and now im back from there 7 years later. good luck!
Contact BD Movers, Tony Baumer. He can answer all your questions. In addition to owning the Company, he is very active in the state association representing movers.

email: tony@bdmovers.com
Phone: 6099710911

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty - Atlantic Shore
Hi Cheryl!!
Hope you had a great holiday weekend!
I will find out who my friends used for their move to FL - first, I will make sure they were happy with them! - will email you the information in the next day or so.

Hope all is well!
Debbie