Home Selling in Boca Raton>Question Details

ms42, Home Seller in Boca Raton, FL

besides the commision is there a fee to list your house with a realtor?

Asked by ms42, Boca Raton, FL Tue Sep 3, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

24
MS,
As you can see from the wide range of responses, when it comes to the fees, agents have the liberty to structure their business in a manner that best serves the home onwer and the agents businesss goals.
-
As you have read, all professional fees are negotiable. Some fees are imposed by an agents broker. The agent may choose to pay these fees directly. If you have imposed special advertising reqirements there may be fees passed on to you. Others fees that may be encountered may be directly related to the level of service you select.
-
Finally, there must be taken into consideration your situation and/or the situation of the house. Some home owners find great benefit and having the home appraised and/or inspected before putiting it on the market. If you were to withdraw your listing, you may end up paying for these services directly.
-
Agents have the liberty to create the fee structure that works bests for their area and for the home owners they help. It is, after all, a business and not a hobby for the majority of real estate professionals.
-
If there is a "usual" in real estate, the ony fees you will pay, in a traditional transaction, will be paid at the time of closing. Because home seller and buyers have demanded more options, more chioces, in the buying and selling process, 'normal' is becoming a vague notion, while complexity increases with the growing choices and options available.
-
In your discussion with your Realtor (r) be sure to review the contract so you understand all the fees involved and the conditions to which they apply. If the listing contract is NOT the STATE OF FLORIDA standanrd listing contract, and is proprietary to a specific brokerage...read the document much more thoroughly. Their is a reason the 'special' contract is being used.

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Usually the realtor will cover the other costs of listing a home, such as staging, putting the sign up, photography, etc. It may be different for some, but that's what my company does.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Good question. There is also an administrative fee, for handling the paperwork of the transaction and ensure timely closing, . Coldwell's fee is $345 including online access for buyers and seller to their transaction status. Feel free to contact me for further assistance with selling your home.
Cell: 954-593-8870 Orna Berkowitz, M.B.A/Coldwell Banker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Most RE companies charge a transaction fee in addition to the commission, my company does not!!! I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding listing your home. Please give me a call, (954)234-5206.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Where I am, a transaction fee isn't unusual. Unfortunately, it's imposed by the company which (in my case) is not flexible about removing it.

But a transaction fee is generally paid at closing, not at the time of listing. Yes, you still pay it, but it's not a fee to list.

As the others say, commissions are negotiable. In a way, so are transaction fees. Understand: The company may still charge it, but your listing agent might be willing to pay it out of his/her own commission. And note: The transaction fee goes straight to the company; none of it ends up in the pocket of the Realtor.

Other than that, there shouldn't be any fees to list. You will encounter some closing costs if/when you sell. Your agent should give you a "Good Faith Estimate" of what your anticipated costs should be and how much you'll end up with once the house is sold. Those usually are pretty accurate.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
My firm does not charge additional listing fees.
For details on my "Smart Seller" listing plan
please call me at
(561)827-6789
or e-mail me at:
Julier6789@gmail.com .
YOUR Go-To Boca Raton Expert
Julie Rosenthal, Broker
ABR, GRI, TRC, CAM, EcoBroker
Property Brokers International.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
I do not charge a transaction fee! and I have ready buyers as I am also licensed in New York State/NYC as well as Canadian/French (speak French)and let's face it many Florida buyers come from one of those catagories. Call me anytime at 561-901-1017 Carole Armstrong and I will get your property sold!!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
My agency does not charge a fee except for commission. No transaction fee.

Would be happy to list your home - send me the details and I'll get right back to you today.

Marilyn Jacobs
561-638-9818
marilynfjacobs@gmail.com
Jeffrey Ray & Associates

http://www.FLWaterfrontCondos.com
http://www.FloridaLuxuryCountryclubHomes.com
http://www.MarilynJacobs.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Everything is negotiable -

I have been a sales consultant (instructor) for many years in a very aggressive industry.

The vast majority of Realtor's I have been in contact with lack the ability to effectively negotiate...

The art of the deal - the skill to truly understand and the ability to overcome.

There are so many opportunities in the transaction to negotiate -

The keys lie in understanding "When - Where and What" to request.

There are many way to increase the sellers net.

Call me - this is a joint effort and agreement - You must agree to allow me to list and I must agree to sell the property.

I other words -
I must be compelled to selling your home and believe reaching the goals discussed are probable....

And must be sold on the fact that I can accomplish your goals.
Remember - There are many way to increase the sellers net.

Call me Gary 561.306.7653

15 minutes could make you thousands!

Good luck...
Web Reference: http://www.garyyoungman.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
And "YOU" must be sold on the fact that I can accomplish your goals.

Sorry typo!
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
ms42,

You will find that there are a number of costs associated with selling a property in Florida. When you list your home with a Realtor® there is a commission that is highly negotiable depending on many factors. Interview at least three agents to see what they offer and the commission they are willing to accept for their services. In most resale transactions the seller will also be responsible to provide the buyer an owners title insurance policy that will run approximately $500 for every $100,000 in value. You will also typically be responsible for the doc stamps on the deed which is a state tax that runs $.70 per every $100 of value. There are other closing costs and if you would like a full report on your total estimated closing costs please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

The resale market is very strong and I would certainly be honored to be included on the list of Realtors® you may choose to interview to show you how I can save you some money and get you the best price for your home in the shortest period of time. The best new listings tend to go very quickly in today's market and if I can be of help to you and your family in any way please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
HI ms42,

Great question. As a consumer looking for a Realtor (doctor, dentist, attorney, CPA, etc.)...shop around. Not only do fees vary (commission rate, transaction fee, cancellation fee, etc.) but so does the "total package" of what you get with an agent...experience, knowledge, negotiating skills, marketing plans, etc. Interview three or four agents to find which one best meets your needs and concerns.

Dean Emly, SRES, CDPE
Keller-Williams Realty/Boca Raton
561-901-7808 direct
demly49@yahoo.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
none whatsoever :)) And you get a lot for that fee , you get to just sit back and let the Realtor handle everything ...sweet !
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
No fees and not cancellation fee either, and commission is always negociable.
Fell free to contact me anytime.
Have a great day!
Maria Cristina Esquibel
United Real Estate
239-333-8863
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
Some firms charge a transaction fee. If you are listing with someone who asks for the Transaction Fee you can ask them to remove it. On a listing paying commission should be enough.
Web Reference: http://mypbchomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
MS42
Usually no fees,only commission.
Please feel free to contact me with your real estate needs or questions.
AJ Zaki
CRS,GRI,CDPE,CIAS,TRC
RE/MAX Realty Pros
1906 Clint Moore Rd #6 Boca Raton,FL 33496
T: 561-756-8047 | F: 561-756-8075
AJZAKI@REMAX.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
It depends on the Realtor and firm.although my firm never charges a fee, many charge between $300 and $2000. Depending on the firm and price.

Jared Niles
http://Www.TangentRealty.com
561-922-5868
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 3, 2013
To list a house there is no extra fee.When you hire a professional Realtor and get your house sold ypu have around 1.5% of the sales price in Palm Beach County.
Call me for more information or click at link below :
http://www.findhomesinbocaraton.com/sell/
Every Broker has their own policy. Typically the Commission Fee is the the cost associated with listing, however there may be other fees and services needed. For example if your home needs to be staged, you should communicate with Broker right from the start, who would be responsible for that cost. Regardless, all costs and fees should be disclosed right from the start before you even sign.
A transaction fee is pretty standard. This fee generally goes directly to the broker and is not part of your agent's commission. Usually, it's between $299-$395. Depending on the commission that your agent will be receiving from the sale of your home it is not uncommon for your agent to "gift" this to you and pay for it as a way of thanking you. Personally, I don't like to nickel and dime my customers so depending upon my commission I may do this.

Nicole Marks Mason, GRI
United Realty Group, Inc.
561-445-8743
http://www.buysellboca.com
Some brokerage houses/agents in South Florida charge a seperate fee whether they call it an administration fee, transaction fee, or processing fee.

The range on this fee can be anywhere for $200-?????

Most charge in the $300.00 range.

Mark Doring
Re/Max Complete Solutions
561-929-0428
A transaction fee has become usual in South Florida and the amount varies with the Brokerage Company handling the transaction. My husband and I are both Realtor Associates with Douglas Elliman Real Estate in Boca Raton and Douglas Elliman's transaction fee is $195 which is considerably less than most other brokerages in the area which I understand can be as high as $495.

This fee, btw, is not for the listing of your home, but related to the transaction itself when the house is sold. The commission and the transaction fees are earned by the Realtor and the Brokerage only if they successfully accomplish the sale of your home. There are many other considerations which you should address at the time of choosing a Realtor to list your home with, such as WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO to sell your home? Simply listing a home is the same as sticking a price tag on it and waiting for someone to find it. You want the preparation, listing and promotion of your home to be such that the Realtor is truly earning that commission you refer to. It's more than just picking a price with a comparable market analysis (CMA). I am very passionate about the marketing and sale of homes being MORE THAN SIMPLY LISTING A HOUSE!

Kathleen and Seymour Fineman
Realtor Associates
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
444 E. Palmetto Park Rd
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
(917) 709-4957
http://www.KathleenFineman.com
email: Kathleen.Fineman@elliman.com
That depends on each individual, but the agent will have to disclose this before you sign anything. There are additional closing fees that you will have to pay, but that is not associated with listing your home, just when you go to sell the home.
If you are planning to list your Boca Raton home for sale with a realtor, there will always be a commission fee.

Many brokers also ask for additional transaction fees that typically vary from $295 - - $495. Many have dubbed these as "nuisance fees," or simply extra commission.

You are not obligated to pay this additional fee, but many Boca Raton realtor listing forms already have this amount printed on them. So when you are ready to sign your listing agreement, ask your realtor if this additional fee is part of the agreement. If it is and you do not wish to pay it, say so.

Title fees

Because you are selling a home in Boca Raton, which is in Palm Beach County, it is customary for the seller to choose (and pay for) the Title Company. The title premium is approximately 0.55% of the selling price.

Document stamps

You will also have to pay the document stamp tax to the state when you sell. I refer to this as "the James Bond Tax" because to compute it, you multiply the selling price by .007.

One last payment

Your final payment: a compliment to your realtor by referring him or her anyone you know who mentions the word, "Real Estate."

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
Re/Max Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Marc, Douglas Elliman's fee in Florida is only $195. Thanks for your very comprehensive answer to MS42. I loved your comment on the "James Bond Tax" ... :) Kathleen Fineman
Flag Wed Sep 4, 2013
Hi M.

Sometimes agents/brokers charge a transaction fee in addition to the commission, almost as a 'handling' charge. I do not charge this on my listings.

My office is number #1 for listings in Boca Raton/Delray Beach, we have over 950 active homes on the MLS. If you have any questions about your property, the sales process and how to get the highest price for your home, please contact me for more information.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton, FL
561-716-4060