Roanoke, Home Seller in Chestnut Hill, Phila...

are the values at a low value now to sell, or should i wait. chestnut hill home across from pastorius park.

Asked by Roanoke, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA Tue May 18, 2010

Answers

4
Hi Roanoke,

As an agent with an office located in Chestnut Hill and a resident myself, I can say with confidence that it's a good time to sell. Your property, presumably on Roanoke, has the benefit of being two blocks from the center of Chestnut Hill and across from the area's most popular park. Beyond that, it would be helpful to know more about your particular house which we can discuss "offline." It is always tempting to wait for a "better time" in the hopes that the market will yield even better results, but interest rates are still low, reports indicate we have just started to enter a sellers market, and spring is always the best season in which to sell. I am happy to meet with you if you're interested.
We are in what is called a "declining market". values are in a downward trend and are projected to continue this way for (several different sources say) 3-8 years. If you need to sell, the sooner the better, because the sooner you sell the higher a price you will get. I hate to see people wait only to find that they can't get what they could have gotten if they didn't wait. However, different areas and price ranges are reacting differently to the market. The best thing to do would be to connect with a realtor you like and trust and have them make up a comparative market analysis for your home along with a market report of your area so you san see specifically what the trend is locally. Then make an informed decision based upon what you learn.
Hi, Roanoke.

The best answer I can give you is, it depends. I too live in Northwest Philadelphia (Roxborough to be specific) and know that values throughout Philadelphia can vary greatly. The Rox/Myk sections have lost some value during this recession, but not much. Since Chestnut Hill is technically considered a higher-end market (it's more expensive than others on average), values may have dropped more.

The best way for you to understand what your home is worth and does it make sense to sell is to sit down with a licensed real estate professional and go over your goals. Although you may not get as much as you had hoped from this property if you sold it today, please remember that you will be getting your new property for less as well; it's a trade-off that many homeowners overlook.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Lots of luck to you!

Tim

Timothy M. Garrity | Brown McKinney Real Estate Co.
Real Estate Professional & Consultant

tgarrity@brownmckinney.com Email| http://www.brownmckinney.com/tim Website
215-825-2250 x 1007 Office | 267-879-2716 Mobile | 267-519-5490 Fax
Web Reference: http://brownmckinney.com
Hi Roanoke,

I am at Pastorious every morning! The values in Chestnut Hill are down looking back as far as 2 years ago.. If you would like to set some time up, I can provide a detailed market analysis of your home. (I live in the area)

Amanda

Prudential Fox and Roach
Direct: 215-514-9597
amanda.saunders@prufoxroach.com

http://www.saundersrealestatenow.com