The answer to your question is, historically, a home with a waterview is more desireable than one without. How much value does that add depends on a few things,
- How close to the water the house is?
- where is the waterview in the home? , Living room, bedroom, kitchen, deck, 1st floor, 2nd floor or higher
- Is the home in a flood zone?
- Condition of the property
- where the property is located? Neighborhood, private road, busy road....
If you are in the area off Orononoque Road, in that subdivisiion, you may not enjoy as much value increase as a home that is not in a Subdivision. The homes in that subdivision may not be as desirabel because of the close proximity to the neighboring homes, vs homes that are not in a planned unit community.
Have a REALTOR come out and do a comparative market analysis or have the house appraised. Websites that give you a value or estimated value can be skewed as they are using algorhythems that take in a broader spectrum of comparables which usually are not based on all styles of homes. I have a great team of agents that are in Milford that I can put you in touch with to get a market analysis done. Just let me know... Hope Tthat helps you out.