Arun, Home Owner in Rochester, MI

any legal advcie in selling a home?

Asked by Arun, Rochester, MI Wed Dec 26, 2012

Answers

8
Congratulations on your plan to sell your home! No matter if you are an experienced homebuyer or selling your home for the first time, we are here to help you. This is our home online and we work hard to make you feel at home. Most sellers have a tendency to call a Realtor when they are ready to sell home and after it is sold they then try and get a mortgage on a new home. We at Dallas Best Mortgage over the years have seen the pitfalls of this very bad decision, as many sellers have faced the fact that they did not get per-qualified for their new mortgage prior to listing. My advice to you is to allow me to get you mortgage ready prior to any listing.

My only job is ensuring that you make the right choice for you and your family and I am committed to providing my customers with mortgage services that exceed their expectations.. As always, you may contact me anytime by phone, fax or email for personalized service and receive expert advice from a Loan Officer who D Magazine, Texas Monthly, Angie’s List, Better Business Bureau and National and North Texas Association of Mortgage Professionals is proud to call one of the very best in the industry and who will be personally responsible for the decisions on you mortgages.

I look forward to working with you! And making your dreams a REALITY

Lowell Sterling
Mortgage Banker
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@DallasBestMortgage.com
1910 Firman Dr, Suite 104 | Richardson, TX 75081
Office: 972-480-9888 | Fax: 469-519-8765
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 24, 2013
Each state has its own real estate laws and customs. Your profile indicates that you are in Michigan so the advice you need is from someone who is totally familiar with Michigan’s laws and procedures for selling a home. Who would that be? My suggestion is a Realtor in the area in which the property which you are selling is located.

If you do not know a Realtor to whom you should turn ask friends or relatives who have recently sold or bought a home for a recommendation. You could also ask your banker or insurance agent if they know of a Realtor whom them would to you.

Selling a house is a big deal. A Realtor can help you get the best outcome.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 26, 2012
As a point of fact we right contracts for sales and so forth on a daily basis. We are not allowed to interpret them as we do not have a law degree. Most questions are easily answered by realtors with some knowledge and seldom require a lawyer.

Saul Carrillo
832-527-2268 saul.carrillo@carringtonres.com
3333 Alabama, Suite 125
Houston, Tx 77098
License No. 0573768 Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate (US), LLC
http://www.CarringtonRealEstate.com
Realtors are not permitted to advise on any legally aspects of purchasing a home. It is always adviseable to consult with a reputable real estate attorney.
Hi Arun,

A realtor can help you with the contract aspect of the transaction and if you are still concerned, you can have an attorney look over your contract and any aspects that you are especially concerned about. Each state has specific rules for real estate and it would not be wise to have a realtor give you any legal advice.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Arun,

I am not an attorney, therefore I am unable to give you legal advice. You will need to contact a real estate attorney if you have specific questions.

In general when selling your home there are two forms that must be submitted to the prospective buyer.

a. House building before 1978: Disclosure regarding lead based paint and the federal pamphelt that goes ith it per federal mandate
b. Seller's disclosure bring to light any defects that the owner of the property is aware.

There are more forms that that need to be part of the sales agreemet depending on the property and particular seller and/or buyers' circumstances.

My recommendation is that seriously consider engaging the professional services of a broker and save yourself time, headaches and frustrations.

BB BG BH!

M.E. Mollie Carreon, AASRE, Broker-Associate
"Every deal is a good deal, but your deal IS A BIG DEAL!
Texas Real Estate & Co.
The most important thing is to disclose. Lots of stories about lawsuits from people just not telling what they know.
Forms You’ll Need to Sell Your Home
1.Property disclosure form. This form requires you to reveal all known defects to your property. Check with your state government to see if there is a special form required in your state.

2.Purchasers access to premises agreement. This agreement sets conditions for permitting the buyer to enter your home for activities such as measuring for draperies before you move.

3.Sales contract. The agreement between you and the seller on terms and conditions of sale. Again, check with your state real estate department to see if there is a required form.

4.Sales contract contingency clauses. In addition to the contract, you may need to add one or more attachments to the contract to address special contingencies — such as the buyer’s need to sell a home before purchasing yours.

5.Pre- and post-occupancy agreements. Unless you’re planning on moving out and the buyer moving in on the day of closing, you’ll need an agreement on the terms and costs of occupancy once the sale closes.

6.Lead-based paint disclosure pamphlet. If your home was built before 1978, you must provide the pamphlet to all sellers. You must also have buyers sign a statement indicating they received the pamphlet.

Fred Yancy, Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
(678) 799-4663
http://fredyancy.crye-leike.com

oh and my most important legal advice . . . . hire a Realtor!