Chuck, Home Seller in Bloomfield Hills, MI

10-29-2010: I am moving to Ann Arbor in 6 months, should I put my current house in Bloomfield Hills (Township) on the market now?

Asked by Chuck, Bloomfield Hills, MI Fri Oct 29, 2010

Answers

8
Olga Mackenzie’s answer
I would ask you a question. Do you have a place in Ann Arbor already?
It is depends on your situation and I would suggest to set up an appointment to figure out the best way
I can help you.
Call direct 248-649-3800
or email omackenzie@jcirealtors.com
Good day, Chuck.

The answer is likely yes ... BUT, we don't know your entire situation at this point. I advise you meet with a few real estate agents in your area, ask them the tough questions, decide what the best plan of action is for you and your circumstances, then opt to go with that person that both demonstrates a clear understanding of this market and how to maneuver it, and also someone you feel will be a good fit for you to communicate with and work with.

My office is down the road from you, and I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you. I also know some excellent agents in the AA area you may choose to work with on that side of things.

Enjoy your weekend, and I hope to hear from you.
Web Reference: http://DoorToDreams.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 30, 2010
Hi Chuck,

You pose a good question. There are many reasons to get your home on the market sooner than later. Buyers were motivated for the tax credit, statistics reflected an increase in homes sold, and the closings had to be completed by the end of September. That will skew the stats for awhile. It is expected homes will be on the market for a longer period of time. The interest rates are favorable but that is no guarantee. The mortgage industry has also undergone many changes. Underwriters are scrutinizing applications more thoroughly to ensure they are complying with the new government requirements. You are going into the winter months/holidays but your home would be on the market for any buyers that are there, which probably makes them highly motivated buyers. You would also be there for the first of the year/spring buyers.

For the above reasons I suggest you move forward as soon as possible. Please give me a call. I’ll be glad to help you reach your real estate goals, both here in Bloomfield Hills and Ann Arbor.

Liz Cross
Advantage Realty Inc.
www:TheRealtorTeam.com
586-322-7722
DO NOT SELL; not without an overall plan. The only way to answer this question, is to go through your why's and how's. As a realtor, I will have to know your financial and personal goals in order to give you my professional advise. Once I do that I will feel much better in answering your questions above.

Feel free to contact me at your convenience, and we can go from there.

Nash K - Realtor
248-250-1192
nash@realtornash.com
Web Reference: http://www.RealtorNASH.com
In all generality, the answer is yes. Three good reasons why:
1) You will "beat" all the competition that will arise as spring approaches
2) While the number of buyers decrease for the holiday season, those that are out looking are the most serious of all
3) Mortgage rates are absolutely fantastic but can not remain at this level very long. Buyers should be aware of this point. They will make a better deal now than previously having the expired tax credit.
I would love to meet with you and discuss your situation in more detail. Please feel free to contact me further.
Gail Corcoran
Century21 Town & Country
(248) 556-7463
http://www.gailcorcoran.com
Hello Chuck,
Are you buying a new home in Ann Arbor? If so you would probably want to list your home or lease it out which is very common now because of family homes getting foerclosed on, it has created a hot market for leases. Just another option if you didn't want to sell your home immediately. The market right now has seen increases in property value from the previous year but nowhere near the inflated prices that we 've seen 5 years ago. In most areas there have been record volumes of homes sold, just not the prices that we would like to see. If you are interested in listing your home for sale and will be interviewing agents for the job,I would be happy to show you what our team and our office has done in the past for home sellers in the West Bloomfiled area. Please contact us if you would like to set up an interview and have us show you what it will take to sell your home in this market. Have a Great Day! Hope to talk to you soon.
Web Reference: http://moveinnow.org
Absolutely! Dependng on your house, your equity, your neighborhood, etc. etc. it could take a week or it could take the six months to move it. Right now the housing inventory is the lowest it has been in a long time. BUT, the second and third quarter of this year saw the highest foreclosure rates ever. Add six months worth of redemption period to those foreclosure dates and start expecting to see another large wave of foreclosures hitting the market next year sometime. Low, low interest rates combined with low inventory and low number of currently available foreclosure properties could equal a very nice little window for you to sell your property. Give me a call for a real-life market analysis and to see where you stand. I am a Bloomfield Twp. resident and property owner.

Jay M. Jones, Realtor
Max Broock, Birmingham
248.568.4947
Web Reference: http://www.MyRealtorJay.com
Yes. As the cold weather moves in, it's a a great time to sell because you may have more competition in the spring. You can make clear that you wish to give up possession in 6 mo, but best to be flexible. Before you sell, check out the Ann Arbor market too. You are only a 40 min. commute from there - weigh all the reasons why you are deciding to move.