Alma Delagar…, Home Buyer in

60609, How can I find out the realtor broker who has sold the most single family homes for this zip code?

Asked by Alma Delagarza, Sat Jul 12, 2008

What characteristic made them the top seller in 2008?

Answers

5
Hi Alma,
As it has been stated by the other realtor's there is no list to compare each realtor to another. What I would suggest is for you to get a list of question's together and interview a few realtor's. Pick the one you feel gives you good information on your property, what they are going to do for you to sell your home and the one you feel must comfortable with. Make sure you are a good fit for each other. If you have any question's feel free to contact me any time at: http://www.cathyhornung.com
Each agent can tell you where they rank in the pool of about 45,000 Realtors in the MLS. It changes all the time, as some sales are made and others fall off the timeframe asked for. I was top agent for Schaumburg awhile back. There is not a complete list that competitors can use against each other, as you are asking for. You would have to call each agent and ask them to prove they were number 1, by the MLS printouts. You can get a rating of the different offices as a whole, however.
Web Reference: http://www.realtybob.com
The term "top seller" is a bit ambiguous as the vast majority (over 90% from what I have read) of homes are sold with a cooperating broker. There are listing agents who push the new properties into the system and buyers agents who take the buyers around to see the properties. Statistically, it is these buyers agents your parents & the listing agent rely upon to find the buyer for your home. If a listing agent disputes this statement then ask them what percentage of their listings they found buyers for personally and provide physical printouts from the MLS for their closed listings so you can see whether cooperating brokers were listed or not.

The multiple listing service (MLS) is where buyers agents search for properties to show because with their dues they receive "real time" listing information -not screen scrapings of the MLS that leave time period gaps in the listing information. They do this because there is no point setting up showings for homes with contracts pending and they have the most current data to identify this using a real time database.

As I have stated in earlier comments, with gas now being over $4.00 per gallon buyers agents are likely to be more pickey where they spend their time/money showing properties as most don't receive any compensation for showing properties - only closes with qualified buyers.

In a buyers market it is important that your parents price correctly for the area & condition of their property. You may wish to obtain several CMA's from different agents that help your parents assess the likely sales price for "as is" vs. making "cost effective" improvments. Some homeowners make the mistake of listing with the agent who provides the higest priced CMA. Listing agents are NOT buying your house.

I believe in hiring a seperate stager or an appraiser to help with valuation as they have no conflict of interest between telling you what you need to know vs. patronizing you to obtain the listing. You get what you pay for in life - have you ever really found it to be different?

Please let me know if you would like some referrals.
My Parents are looking to sell their home and I am doing a little research.
Why do you want this information?