Pauline, Both Buyer and Seller in San Antonio, TX

15930 Alsace 78232 had my home on the market and no offers !!!

Asked by Pauline, San Antonio, TX Tue Jul 15, 2008

Answers

10
There are many factors which come into play. The first one which always requires review is the price. You may also want to consider having a staging company come in and stage your home. Since your house is listed with an agent, I would suggest consulting the agent and discuss the above concerns along with addressing any feedback received on the showings you have had in the past. Good Luck!
Doing a quick search through the MLS, I'd say your home is priced about right (I'd need to do some extra work to get a real picture of it). A few smaller homes are currently pending with a price between $10K and $20K lower. Have you had much traffic through the house? I would definitely call your Realtor and ask them what the plan is to sell your house - pick their brains...any ideas on how to get people through there and see it. From the photos, it looks good (love the pool personally). Anything you can do to clean it up and make it show even better than it does now? Try and walk through your home as if you had never seen it before and think like a buyer. It always helps. Other than that, just keep plugging away and I wish you the best of luck in selling it. If I come across a buyer in that area, I would certainly give them a showing.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 15, 2008
Hi Pauline,

I'm sorry that you've had to cancel all of your plans because your agent was unable to sell your home. The one BIG thing that most agents can't comprehend or refuse to relate to you is the pricing trend and timing analysis. I noticed that is the most important reason why you were unable to move on with your plans as I've researched your home. I would be more than happy to show you those two tools we use and get you back on track with your life!

God bless,

Josh
Web Reference: http://www.eXposedHomes.com
There are 3 answers to your question: pricing, market exposure, home condition. Even lots of market exposure combined with incorrect pricing or less than wonderful home conditions will result in "no offer".
Are you getting showings on the property? If that answere is yes, it is not an exposure issue. Any Realtor you choose should be able to give you their marketing strategies along with home condition and pricing recomendations. These three prongs all belong on the same fork so to speak...this is a buyer's market right now and putting your home on the market is just like entering it into a beauty contest! I live in your zip code and watch great homes sit on the market while similar updated/staged homes sell much faster and for more money...Love to help if you are not currently working with an agent...best of luck.
Web Reference: http://www.hollyghomes.com
With a market like this everyone is becoming very aware how difficult it can be to sell your home; especially when there are 6 other homes on your OWN street that are listed as well.
Everyone has heard the litany of "Must Do Things" that ensure the sale of your home. Perhaps many of you have done these things and still your home languishes. On average, a potential buyer stands at your doorway for two minutes. That is the time it takes on average for their agent to locate the lock box, retrieve the key and read any instructions. The potential buyer is already assembling their impression and opinion of your home and they have yet to step foot in it!

Is the concrete clean? Are there stains on the brick? Does the home look "cared for?"

Now they enter your home. What makes your home different from the 45 other homes they have seen and the 50 more they are about to see? You need them to stop, take their time, have a reason to put your home on the short list and maybe even fore go looking at the remaining 50 homes on their list.

That is where we at Hercules Flooring and Refinishing come in. We can take care of those stains on your concrete and brick to give a great first impression. We can refinish those counter tops, bathrooms and kitchens. We can offer you affordable flooring that leaves an impression rather than the "stock" flooring potential buyers have seen at every other house. We put your needs and budget first because in times such as these no one wishes to see yet another "Foreclosed" sign.

This can be one of the most stressful times in your life. We at Hercules Flooring and Refinishing want to help. Call or email us, together we can make your home the one that buyers remember.

Phone: 210-391-2451
Email: herculesrefinishing@yahoo.com
There are only 3 reasons a home does not sell... Price, Exposure and Condition. If your home has defects or damages, fix them at once. There are far less qualified buyers at the moment and they will skip a home that needs ANY work. Price your home so that it is the lowest or second to lowest to the competition. Your Realtor is responsable for the exposure, any Realtor you interview should be able to hand you their base marketing plan for your review.
Pauline,

Along with location, timing is a key factor in real estate. There is the right buyer for your property out there. They have just not knocked on your door yet.

I just had a property that was "not selling" so the owner said rent it out. BANG! A buyer walked in. You just never know.

There are many in San Antonio who would love to work for you IF you are not already with an agent. I sold a property earlier this year on Alice Hill.

Dominick Dina, Brokwer/Owner
Christian Realty San Antonio
If you are not currently working with a realtor you need to hire the best one you can in your area. I recommend Christina Whipple with Keller Williams Realty. 210-492-4500
I would love to discuss with you why your home has not sold and what I can do to to get it sold, if you are not working with a REALTOR please feel free to contact me at 210-216-0407 or e-mail me at Gary@ERA.com anytime.
MLS exposure typically has about a 70% success rate. That means approx. 30% of all listings that are on the MLS will not sell. This assumes, of course, all other things are equal. What type of other exposure do you have? I don't even see your home advertised on this website - http://www.trulia.com. I don't see a virtual tour. The pictures are also blurry. Is your home advertised on google, yahoo, msn, aol real estate, etc? what you need to do is find out what your realtor is doing for you beyond the minimal MLS exposure.

How many showings have you had? If you've had a satisfactory amount of showings, then you'll know that the issue is something with the house once the prospect is there. If you're not having a sufficient amount of showings, it's probably due to your lack of exposure.

If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to call me at 210 521 0068, or email stevemalinoff@aol.com