Hiswife, Home Seller in 21740

Would you pay $125,000 for a 2bedroom 1bath 660sq.ft home in Hagerstown, MD? We live in a perfect location

Asked by Hiswife, 21740 Thu May 14, 2009

close to everything and in a quiet dead end road. The house has lots of upgrades and is in a really good condition. We have a .25 of ancre and off street parking. We bought it for $82,000 in October, but want to sell for $125,000 to pay off debt and start over since my husband has been laid off since December 4th. The house is a open floor plan as well, so it feel spacious, but cozy. We have to wait until Monday to hear back from our realtor about what they would recommend we should sell it for.. I'm just trying to do a little research on my own until than.

Answers

5
A lot would depend on how much you fixed it up. If it's the forclosure one that started at $99,900 it was on the market 92 days before it went under contract. Also what is the neignborhood like? One problem sellers have been having is they find a buyer willing to pay their price and then the house will not appraise. You would have to justify to an appraiser why your house went up in value in 8 months time in a declining market. I am licensed in MD & PA and would be happy to assist you, but sounds like it's going to be a tough one.
I was not promoting it.. I was simply asking if 125,000 would be a decent price for our home. My home is not on the market.
It would probably take a while. If you bought it in October of 2008 for $82,000 it will probably not bring a lot more than that now. 660 square ft is very small. I would not go over $99,900.
Here is a website that you can use to help give you an idea what it is worth. Just fill out the form and within a few hours you should have a response with other homes that have sold in your area that are similar to yours. If you have any further questions, I'll be happy to answer them. I can be reached at 301-661-9694 or toll free at 888-762-1554 anytime from 7AM to 11PM.
According to the Trulia community guidelines this section may not be used to promote your property. This is for real estate Q&A only. You may advertise your home in the blog section.