jose1031, Home Seller in 10312

Would an auction realtor bring in a price close to what I could expect from a traditional realtors sale?

Asked by jose1031, 10312 Thu Sep 5, 2013

Answers

5
One would fare much better on the open market. Keep in mind that if a property is priced on target, or slightly below, multiple bids may occur relatively quickly...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 6, 2013
As many have already said...NO, NO, NO in almost every case it will not. There is a reason that home auctions are few and far between compared to the number of people that sell their homes with a "traditional" Realtor sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 6, 2013
You never know what will happen in an auction, you should on. If your house is priced right and is in good condition and a desirable block , not congested then it should go quickly for market value.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 5, 2013
Hi Jose,

NO, and here a number of reasons why

1. Auction are structured to sell homes in the quickest amount of time. And may not sell the first time around.

2. Buyers that are looking at auctions are looking for a great deal, and are not willing to pay top dollar.

3. Auctions usually charge buyers a premium upfront to start bidding.

4. Realtors would market your homes best features getting you the most amount of money.

I have completed a couple of auctions on some of my listings, but they were short sales and buyers are normally looking for deal when doing an auction. If you want the most amount of money give me a call and I can outline the pros and cons of both.

Hector Mesa ABR, GRI, GREEN, SFR, CNE
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Robert Defalco Realty
SIBOR Top Producer
Cell:(718) 801-3005
Fax:(720)-625-6101
I don't think so, but you could ask to see some of the recent sales they've handled.

How much is the auctioneer charging you, Jose? Are they also charging a buyer's premium?