Home Selling in Amherst>Question Details

Patti Matthi…, Real Estate Pro in Venice, FL

Wondering how safe the electronic lockbox is. Does it record who enters the property and at what time?

Asked by Patti Matthiessen, Venice, FL Wed Sep 29, 2010

Answers

8
Patti - Both Supra and Sentrilock lockboxes record who and when shows the property, and are also a lot tougher. For this reason I prefer these to the old combo boxes. I have a lot of REOs but I always use the electronic boxes on all 'em. I usually just buy them used from http://www.lockboxswap.com/buy-lockbox. They work great and ship free to me everytime.
Web Reference: http://www.lockboxswap.com
The lock boxes used these days DO record which licensed agent entered the property and when. Should anything be amiss after a showing, you need only track what the lock box has recorded - your local Realtor Association can verify for you which agent used it when, OR it can be programmed so it shows up on your emails.
It is one of my best listing tools - being able to reassure my sellers that everyone/anyone who will use the lockbox has to be a licensed professional and their showings can be tracked by the code they use.
Patti V. Draper
Associate Broker, M. J. Peterson, Amherst, NY
Yes Patti very safe the box it's self stores the serial numbers of agents showing properties along with the date and time of entry.
Hi Patti. It's the only lockbox I use. This is one agent tool I will not skimp on, no matter how many I need to buy at $100/clip.

I think you can now program them to send the notice to your phone when someone enters a listing, too. There are certain hours of operation, so nobody can gain access at odd hours.

When you call Supra, ask them about the added security code feature. You can actually make it MORE secure than the standard key unlocking.

Definitely worth the price of admission.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
There are many different lock boxs, brands, and levels of sophistication. Some keep all the data and others do not. Check with your Realty association and lockbox provider.
Yes it does. But you must take to time to register the address to the lock box. It will acutally email you when the lock box is opened with the agent and their phone number. it has lock out times too!

Kathi Holder
Holder Reimann Team
Realtyusa
In Memphis, TN, the Sentri LockBox records the code that entered the box, and the time and the date. I feel they are very safe, and they save the homeowner and the Realtor lots of time by giving an agent the opportunity to show the house in a time period that is accessible to him and his client.
Gail Starnes, The Starnes Company,Memphis, TN
yes is does it is very safe, the agent you list with should record the location of the electric lockbox meaning your mls number and home, and is able to login and review any activity. I have had no unscheduled showings on any electronic lockboxes since we have had them here in Western New York, and only mombers of the BNAR have access.
Web Reference: http://www.c21jerry.com