Home Selling in Plymouth>Question Details

Vivian, Other/Just Looking in Plymouth County, IA

Will the arrival of Plymouth Rock Studios effect the price of real estate in Plymouth, MA?

Asked by Vivian, Plymouth County, IA Mon Feb 23, 2009

Answers

6
This is my personal opinion, I do believe the arrival of Plymouth Rock Studios will effect the current market. I would love to discuss the market with you. If you are interested in Plymouth or any of the Surrounding towns. I live in Plympton, MA call me on my cell @ 781-588-0258 if you are looking for a Local Licensed Realtor. Check out my Website for Homes for sale in Plymouth MA.
Web Reference: http://www.KimZanellato.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 18, 2009
Plymouth, Ma. is a beautiful town near Cape Cod with great residents. Downtown with the shops and waterfront restaurants is beautiful. Many great beaches and golf courses. However, the Plymouth Rock Studios appears to be a sham business enterprise that fooled many locals. During a time of need to grow local jobs many wanted to believe in "Hollywood East". Sadly for many reasons, the biggest being financing, this project will NOT be built. Move to Plymouth for its beauty. The studios will not impact the real estate market positively and may hurt the town in the long run.
Absolutely, the studios would change the market in Plymouth in home sales and commercially. The prediction was that home prices would sore and some predicted that the average home price would be $600,000. As a realtor who specializes in Plymouth I have already seen and sold to clients relocating to the area due to the studios. Feel free to view my personal website http://www.speedyhomes.com for all your real estate needs.
I'm betting yes and holding on to our year round country cottage across from a small Plymouth pond!
Travel through "the woods" for five minutes and you are at the location of the 2012 big event!
Kate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
I believe we are already seeing a trend upward in the housing prices in Plymouth. Keep in mind Plymouth covers such a vast amount of land area and number of housing units are plentiful at this point with lots of room for new construction as well, I believe the last time I checked there were more than 12 subdivisions on the books awaiting economic factors to change to begin construction and we will be looking at some substantial housing. I have followed the studio project from the first whisper and did sound a bit unbelievable when i informed everyone over a year ago that Hollywood was moving to Plymouth Massachusetts. With the careful planning and the concern of the Town Governmental Agencies and knowledgeable and active citizens this should be a win win for the community. Attractions like this put us on the map around the world, Plymouth has always had numerous reasons to visit, yet the mouse in Florida attracted more people than we have, odd considering our presence in History - where our World began...so now is the time for Plymouth! With major route improvements, infrastructure development, school advancements and the pledges of the studio to assist with a number of these programs as well as public transportation Plymouth is looking way more attractive to way more buyers....so yes I feel the values in real estate in Plymouth will be directly impacted by the simple principal of supply and demand! And of course a consideration is not just from the studio and some anticipating people moving to Plymouth within the state or from outside of Massachusetts but from the quality of life and increase in income from the jobs which the studio will create as well as the other businesses needed to support this industry will also increase the demand for housing. Each property is an individual situation and should you be interested in discovering the current value of your home or business or investment properties I would be most happy to assist you. Please give me a call in my Plymouth office 508-746-5559 and we can discuss your plans, maybe now is the time for additional investment in properties in Plymouth. Regards, Marybeth Mills Muldowney, President and Sole Broker Owner of TradeWinds Realty Group, LLC 1 Court Street, Plymouth MA cellular 781-910-7294. Look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference: http://HollywoodEast.me
No one has a crystal ball but I can't imagine that it will hurt home values! If nothing else it will increase the pool of buyers a little bit - and more than likely they will have decent wages to procure homes with.